Friend or Foe

Tommy's POV

Tubbo lightly dabs at the scratch on my face.

He's so stupid. I look at him, his green eyes sparkle as he smiles at me. How is he smiling? How is he so positive all the time? Sometimes I don't understand this kid. But even though he's a pain in the ass, he's my pain in the ass. Not that I could ever admit it to him, but he's my best friend, and I don't know what I would do if I lost him. If I had lost him that day.

It's my fault. He should have never been on that stage. He should've never been near Schlatt.

I slapped a bandage on my cheek and headed upstairs. My arms were sore and heavy now from fighting. I passed Wilbur on the way up with Tubbo. I catch his eyes for a second. He doesn't look sorry, or even remotely worried for us. It's angering. He's not our Wilbur anymore.

I help Tubbo up to the bed up stairs. He sits when we get there and I hear him let out a breath of relief. I toss him some baked potatoes that he takes happily. I step outside and look out in the distance.

This place really needs some towers, I think and laugh to myself, knowing how much Bee and Wilbur would hate that. They always hated the ones I built back in L'Manburg. An 'eye sore' Wilbur had called my last one.

"Tommy?"

I hear a familiar voice say. I spin toward the voice, grabbing my sword from my belt. I hold the sword out at Quackity who raises his hands.

"Woah! Chill I'm not armed!" He says, I slip my sword back in my belt and look at him questioningly. I know he sees the door to Pogtopia behind me. Will he bolt and tell the others the chords? I look over Quackity. It's been a long time since I've seen him face to face. He doesn't look much different. His hair is sleek and black, sticking out in a bunch of directions. His dark eyes look distressed and worried, but deep underneath the surface I can see the anger we both share. His blue jacket is zipped up high like normal. "I want to join your side."

"Eyyyyy! Tubbo! Nice to see you again!" Quackity says when he follows me into Pogtopia eyeing Tubbo. Tubbo throws me a concerned look. I shrug. If he really hates Schlatt like he says he does, Quackity would be loyal. Plus it was nice to have another familiar face around. I watched Quackity as he smiled at Tubbo. Quackitys gaze found Tubbos bandages and I saw him cringe slightly.

"Hey, Quackity!" Tubbo says with a smile. I think over Quackitys story, looking for flaws and errors telling me that he's here to be a spy. But everything lines up. Part of me wants to trust Quackity because one; we need more people on our side. And two; Its nice to have someone else around. But the other part of me is skeptical of Quackity, he was vice president. But the part of me that really doesn't want him here is the part that knows he stood and watched as Techno and Schlatt tried to kill Tubbo.

But as I looked at Tubbo now, as he talked to Quackity about life back home, he was smiling, and I could see the genuine happiness in his eyes. That. That was enough to believe Quackity. If Tubbo was happy then my skepticism could wait.

"I'm back," Bee calls from outside. He rounded the corner of the door. Her eyes find Quackity instantly, her hand reaches for her sword but she notices how relaxed Tubbo and I were. She looks at me questioningly. I shrug and she sighs. Quackity looks over at Bee.

"Ey! Long time no see, friend!" He says happily.

"Nice to see you too, Quackity." Bee says, she doesn't smile as she looks him over carefully.

She then looks at me, for approval I'm guessing. I hesitate with my answer. Tubbos happy, and that's what matters in this moment. Plus Quackity's story seems real enough. I nod, hoping it was the right answer. Bee shrugs but doesn't relax. I can tell she's on edge. She has been since the festival. Well, we all have, but her more than us. I doubt she's slept much in the past few days. And out of all of us, Wilburs... problem is affecting her most. Bee's always been close with Wilbur. And since this war that friendship has been tested. All of our friendships have been.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, weren't Bee and the Dream Team really close before the original war?