Vassal

Bees POV

"Dream, I want to be your vassel." Wilbur says holding his arms out. My eyes darted over to Tommy to try and figure out what his plan was to stop this. I see a flash of red as Dream hands Will stacks of TNT. Tommy draws out his crossbow, his diamond armor shimmering in the late afternoon light. At first glance he seems confident and brave, but if I look closer, I can see the bead of nervous sweat slide down the side of his face.

Wilbur runs to the entrance of Pogtopia and opens the e-chest to store the TNT away but Tommy runs up and points his crossbow at him. I hold my breath, the tension in the air growing thicker.

"Wilbur, hand me the TNT," Tommy says sternly. Wilbur glares down at him. I can see his grip tighten around the TNT. He won't give it up easily.

"Tommy, I'm going to have to step in here." Dream says standing in between the two boys. Tommy's crossbow shakes slightly, now aimed at its new target. Dream's armor is fully maxed out netherite and practically anything me or Tommy could do, would do nothing to him. When Tommy doesn't lower the crossbow, Dream takes out his axe. My first instinct is to jump in to protect Tommy, but pulling that right now might make the situation worse. Wilbur cheers excitedly behind him, happy to have someone on his team. I feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. How do I stop this?

"Dream. Put the axe away," I warn, though I am of no threat whatsoever. His eyes darted to me quickly for a moment. They soften for the slightest sliver of a second before they turn cold again.

Dream walks closer to Tommy. "Shoot me, Big man. See what happens." He mocks, holding his arms out as If to make himself a bigger target. Tommy just stares daggers at him quietly, still aiming his bow at Dream's chest. I draw my own axe, though it doesn't match Dreams it's a fairly nice netherite axe. It was the only piece of netherite I had left from after the election. My house, along with Tommys, were raided and everything was stolen. I used the last of my scraps to make my axe and now, after too many levels to count, it was close to a god axe. But somehow, it's still nowhere near the power level of Dreams.

I aimed the axe at Dream as I made my way in between them. I won't let him hurt anybody.

"Stop. Both of you. We can't afford any more loss. Niki was forced to run, Fundy betrayed us, and Eret isn't trustworthy. The only advantage we have is Tubbo. Dream, I don't trust you, and I don't think you have the best intentions," I say pushing them apart. Still aiming my axe at Dream. He glares at me, but lowers his axe.

Dream looked down at me, I looked back at him to read his expression but it was blocked by his mask, leaving me wondering. I've always hated that mask. I lower my hands as Tommy lowers his crossbow and Dream puts away his axe. I hear the e-chest close, meaning the TNT is safely stashed where neither me or Tommy can get it.

"Now leave," I hiss under my breath at Dream. I knew he wouldn't hurt us but I knew he wasn't here to help us either, he was planning something and was using Wilbur to get what he wanted. Dream looked down at me, then at Tommy, who was glaring at him.

"Keep in contact, Will," Dream says before throwing a pearl and disappearing in a flash.

There's a moment of silence as the three of us stare at each other. Wilbur stands to his feet, a smile on his face.

"Why so gloomy? We have an ally!" Wilbur says cheerfully.

"He's not an ally, Will," I say. "Wilbur, you need to give me or Tommy the TNT." I cross my arms.

"Why do I need to do that?" Wilburs face slowly turns confused. His eyes are wide and crazy. They frighten me slightly.

"Were not letting you blow up L'Manburg. It's our home," Tommy says moving to stand next to me.