CHAPTER 2

Chapter 2: Goodbye

Chapter 2: Goodbye

                 "Stop it, Seo Nami, I'm not good for you," Wonwoo looks at her, "I'll be leaving all of this behind." He looks at her, "I will forget you, Nami, don't you get it?"

Nami could only look at him, trying to grab his hands which he pulls back, "Even me? I know you don't like me, but why are you like this?"

"Nami..."

"I promise I wouldn't be a nuisance! I wouldn't even say I like you anymore, I promise! But please don't forget me!" she rubs her skirt sadly," I promise."

Wonwoo, who couldn't help to feel bad, could only sigh. He knew how much Nami likes him. He knew that. But his heart didn't beat the same way she wanted. That day was one of the worst days Nami had. She didn't know what was going on, she had thought that he was only joking, and everything will be alright.

But she was wrong. Wonwoo never came back. He didn't tell her what he was doing, nor if he's going to go back from it. But he had dropped out of school. It had shocked everyone. Even Seoyeon had asked Nami about it, but before Seoyeon could ask, she saw Seo Nami crying.

"Seoyeon, w-what am I-I s-supposed to do," Nami breaks down crying, Seoyeon who looks at her friend could only comfort her best friends heart. She felt a sudden urge to punch Wonwoo. Seoyeon knows the struggle Nami had to go through.

Every day she had to see her friend lovestruck with Jeon Wonwoo. Seoyeon didn't think it was a problem since she had seen the two of them being all friendly. Hell, she wouldn't be too surprised to hear the both of them finally dating.

But it seems the world was not going to be friendly with her friends.

"Nami... what happened, why is –"

"He l-left Seo, he told me he didn't want to r-remember m-me," Nami cries," I- I didn't think I did anything wrong... I felt he m-might l-like m-me."

"Hey... You need to fall in love with someone who wants you, who waits for you," your friend Seoyeon said, rubbing your back. She felt terrible for her friend, "You need someone who understands you, who help you and support you, you need to find someone who will still talk to you even after fighting with each other. If he's not even willing to see you, he's not worth it."

"What am I supposed to do... he – he was –"Seoyeon saw her friend crying.

"I know, it's going to be hard –"Nami sobs –"but I don't want to fall for Jeon Wonwoo anymore."

She could still remember the face Wonwoo had made when he had told her that day. The way he told her, he didn't want to remember her. Since then, without her realising, the Seo Nami, who they knew, started to fade away.

Nami heard from a friend that Jeon Wonwoo decided to be an idol, and she confronts Wonwoo. He looks so excited that day, and all she could do was smile at him. Even after that, she had shamelessly asked if he could be in contact with her.

He was far too excited and had agreed, and he did keep the promise.

Nami would try to ask him about his days since then, he would answer, but it seems like he was out of reach once again.

Right now, he sat in front of her. Nami had asked him to meet her since it's been a year and a half since his training days.

He was always anxious for the past few days, so Nami wanted to help him. His agency had a day off, so you had asked him if he wanted to grab a smoothie. Thankfully he had agreed.

It was quiet between them, so she initiatively asked him.

"Wonu... are you okay?" Nami nervously asked him, and all he did was nod his head.

"That's good... I'm also doing good, and I – "

"Are you going to do it again, Seo Nami?" he suddenly asked, and he looks at him, taken aback by his sudden outburst.

"W- what? I – I don't understand –"

"Again? Are you going to complain about your life again? Don't you see I'm stress, with training all I wanted was peace and quiet, but you're always talking and –"

"I – I didn't know I –"she was trembling in her feet. She didn't realise that Wonwoo was always annoyed by her. She had always thought that Wonwoo was listening to her laughing together every time she would say something. She didn't know he didn't like what they had.

"Nami... can we not do this every time? Can we talk about it some other time? I have to go," he stood up. She was surprised by his sudden outburst. She grabs his hand.

"Again? I – I don't know what I did. Are you leaving again?" The last time she had asked him, he looks back at her, but this time.

He didn't even spare a glance at her. She was looking down, and Wonwoo looks at her, and he bit his tongue. He did not just burst out to Nami like this.

All she could was smile even at the end, even if it hurts. For the first time, she let go.

She walks away.

After spending years her days trying to impress Wonwoo, she had gotten lost along the way, and because of him, she didn't want to fall in love anymore.

And she didn't.

After that day, Nami and Wonwoo had never contact with each other. Wonwoo had gone back to practice. Nami had cried to Seoyeon that night, and Seoyeon made Nami promise to never call about it ever again.

"It's okay, Nami. It's okay to be hurt, and it's okay for you to cry, but don't you ever cry for the same person twice, alright?"

That what kept Nami going. She was going to prove her way up and forget about him.

 She was going to prove her way up and forget about him