CHAPTER 20

Chapter 20: A getaway

                "I'm so sorry, shua... I shouldn't have brought Wonwoo there...." Nami was sitting beside Joshua, who was driving away from the scene. After the paparazzi came barging into the emergency room, Joshua dashes his way to Nami, who was giving a dead glare to a very smiley Wonwoo. He suddenly explains the situation to both of them. Nami was given a hat from Wonwoo before Joshua whisk her away to another entrance.

"It's not your fault Nami... we don't even know how the news came out so fast, but the entertainment will handle it," Joshua then took you away from there and then head out on a drive. Nami was so surprised to see a lot of people coming through.

"Will he be alright?" Nami whisper, "He doesn't look like he's in pain, but as far as I know Wonwoo's lying, that blow in his head, he could have fainted again." Joshua was peeking to his side to see Nami's head down.

He saw how she had a sad face, and it hurts his heart knowing she was unhappy. He didn't understand why he was feeling this kind of feelings. Hell, he doesn't know what to feel. He wanted to shout at her to stop feeling like this because it wasn't hurt fault. He knew the night Nami had asked for Wonwoo's phone number, she was going to nag his younger brother. Knowing Wonwoo's stubborn attitude, he would have enjoyed being scolded by her.

Joshua could remember how Nami had switch to Wonwoo's attention. He had cheek in his brother's room to see him being all happy and was laughing by himself in his room texting on the phone. Nami was the reason why Wonwoo was laughing.

It brought a bitter pain in Joshua somehow. He wanted Nami's attention; he wanted to be the reason for her smiles. But is it wrong? For once in his life, he wanted something that seems like out of reach. He wanted to connect to Nami's heart. Joshua loves his brothers, especially when they hold a special place in his heart. He was always alone, but he was full of Seventeen.

But was being selfish for once was wrong? Was it unfair to wanting to snatch her attention all to him? Was it wrong that he wanted his brother to act the way he had before? The way he bluntly refuses Nami, leaving Nami till she cries. Wonwoo had become selfish because he wanted to reach his dreams. This time could Joshua be greedy and attain his goal, Nami being the main character of his dreams?

The real question is, was it worth it?

"Nami, how about we go somewhere." Joshua suddenly said, "I think we should go to six flags for a change of scenery. I think you need to refresh your mood."

"Shua, can we – "

"Please?" He told her, "I think you'll need it, and besides, you promise a lunch date with me, did you perhaps forget?"

"Ah... right lunch date, huh...." She whispers.

Joshua was right, She did forget.

"Ah... come on, Nami.... I might have to pester you every day if you don't," Nami couldn't help to smile and finally nods.

-

"So, you've been here?" she asked him as she looks at Joshua. He didn't want to bring any more attention that could make her worried. Today is her day, our day, he thought.

They've been walking through the whole day. Nami was still worried about Wonwoo, but Joshua reassures her that their manager will handle everything.

Being followed by the paparazzi was something the boys were somehow used to. They were always lurking around in every corner, waiting for them to do something newsworthy. Those kinds of people are why whatever they do, means they must think 4-5 times before doing it.

It was how the industry works, they were always up in their necks, and it was their job to be those kinds of people, even for the right or wrong reasons. They had Dispatched in Korea, now Paparazzi was working harder in the US.

It was their constant reminder to always be in their best behaviour – fake or not – they wouldn't care if they found something. It's the end.

The boys were furious because they didn't think it was a big deal, but Wonwoo's reckless was not one of them. To their surprise, the call was quick when Joshua had heard Nami panicking over the phone because Wonwoo had fainted. It was enough for Joshua to grab his keys because he was worried. He had told Seungcheol and Jeonghan, instantly they took their ride to the hospital, leaving Jihoon in charge.

"I've been here with the members before, so you don't have to worry," He told her, "You've never been in here? That's impossible. You lived long enough to actually experience it, right?"

"I came here around 6-7 years ago, and it always worked for me, so I never had time to actually enjoy. In fact, this is my first time," Nami told him, "Besides, it makes my heart hurt looking at those rides and all."

"Why?" He asked her, and she smiles.

"I want to forget about him, Josh," Nami told him truthfully, "Because I still believe he's still out of reach, him being nice was too good to be true."

"It's no use to deny the fact everything reminds me of him," Nami started. "We used to go before, and it brings me bad memories because of this place, so I hope this time we could make better memories."

She smiles at him, and Joshua couldn't help to stare at her. His heart was beating loudly, and butterflies started to erupt in his stomach. She was smiling brightly at him as she held his arms to one of the rides.

Maybe it wasn't his selfish act. Perhaps it was his chance. This was his time to comfort you. He was given an opportunity, and he was not going to miss this.

"Nami," Joshua suddenly grabs her hands as he slips them to his, holding her tightly. Nami was focus on their laced fingers. Joshua held her chin up.

"You just have to stay by me, alright? I promise you we'll make memories together, I won't let you down, and I –"raising their hands –"I will hold this hand forever."

They said there's no such thing as love at first sight, but who knew, right? 

/n: so hows shua and nami? Tell me
Should it be

Shua and nami ?
Or
Wonwoo and nami?

Thank you for the votes and the reads ❤❤! Don't forget to comment too!!! Have a great day!