CHAPTER 48

Chapter 48: Because the Early Autumn Falls

"Are we going to wait for Hybe to release a statement for Wonwoo?" Seoyeon and Jiwon sat together in Nami's room.

Jiwon shakes her head, "I contacted their manager a few days ago. They didn't like how wonwoo's scandal affected the group's focus on their upcoming show. As long as they can keep the media at bay, they didn't think releasing a statement is urgent."

"It's not fair, huh? I guess this industry works this slowly. I wouldn't think our fashion and photography industry will work like that," Jiwon said, and she sat down to eat chips from a bowl Nami's mom had given.

The three girls were in Nami's house in Seoul, and they had managed to slip inside the house. Nami was a bit afraid to go outside the last three days. She was followed by Wonwoo's fans out grocery shopping. Nami was being followed. Rumours resurfaced every once in a while, trying to scoop up stories from their lives.

Jiwon had announced that to their manager, and they promised to fix things, but for now, Wonwoo and Nami were not allowed to meet.

Seoyeon couldn't help agreeing, "Yeah... but I guess this is kind of different from what you've been working for. Maybe a hater or two, but not to the extent of following like a creep."

Nami was still silent, hugging her pillow and curling further into her bed. Many things were running through her mind as she took her phone from the nightstand and nothing.

Not a single text from Wonwoo.

If she had known the last time she would have seen him was in her apartment there, she wouldn't have let him go. If Nami had known that the last time she would see him was when she had met Seungcheol that day, she would have gone into a tantrum and asked them to let her see him. But she was obedient to walk away that quickly.

She had trusted him, but he wasn't even there for her. He had chosen to work again; inside, she couldn't blame him. It had been his choice since the first day. She was just supposed to be the second choice in his life.

"Wonwoo hadn't contacted you?" Seoyeon asked quietly, and Nami shook her head.

"No."

"That asshole," Seoyeon said in frustration, "He asked you to wait for him, but he wouldn't even reassure you in a way. God knows where he is because I don't think he's suffering."