CHAPTER 36

Chapter 36: Beauty and the beast

"This is the place," Wonwoo sat down beside Nami, who was looking at his boyfriend. After laying down the blanket, they both sat in silence. The silent night was cold as Nami was shivering. Wonwoo stood up suddenly before sitting down behind her, pulling Nami into his embrace.

Nami couldn't help stiffen by his act. Wonwoo was never this touchy.

"Are you still jealous, woo?" Nami couldn't help to giggle at her boyfriend, who was hugging her.

"Don't be ridiculous. I was just cold, and you were the perfect hot pack," Wonwoo grumbles as he hugs her even more.

Nami couldn't help to smile even more. It was soo Wonwoo. Currently, it was one in the morning, and they were sitting down at Han river enjoying the view. Nami had expected that her boyfriend would want to spend date night at home, but he surprised her when he had dragged her to the Han river.

Wonwoo is not the type to go outside. Even before his debut, he likes staying inside when hanging out. It mainly consisted of Nami dragging into hanging out, so the living room is the furthest place Nami had brought Wonwoo from his room.

But tonight, surprised her when he had asked her if she wanted to have a bicycle date by the Han River. It was simple, but Nami loved it. Considering she likes going outside and having a bicycle date was one of her bucket lists.

"So... is there anything you want to say?" Nami asked Wonwoo, who was still holding her. As they sat down by the blanket, enjoying each other's embrace.

"Is it wrong to bring my girl out?" Wonwoo asked, "I thought girls would love to have late-night walks with her boyfriend."

"This is so not like you woo. You don't have to change, baby," Nami said, surprising Wonwoo this time. Nami had never called Wonwoo, baby. It was always his nickname.

"What did you say?" Wonwoo asked a smirking Nami in his hold, "Please do it again."

"I don't know woo, you seem to surprise me on how you act today," Nami laughs.

Wonwoo couldn't help to sigh, "Is it out of my character to do what I did today? Did it surprise you that much?"

"Changing yourself is not a big deal won... I was just surprised to know you. you know you're not exactly an open kind of guy," Nami confess, but she smiles at Wonwoo, who was staring at her, "but I'm glad I got to know you, a lot more."

"I'm sorry, I'm not or never was good with opening up to people. Only a handful of people knew who I was. Everybody else was just seeing me only for who I look like, not for who I am." Wonwoo said.

"I guess you had thought I was one of them, huh?" Nami asked, and Wonwoo couldn't help to nod his head a bit, and Nami smiled sadly. It was not a surprise Wonwoo was famous even before he was an idol.

"Well, were. I thought you were, but you were so much more," Wonwoo suddenly slips his hands to Nami's.

"I'm still trying to find words to say to you, Nami, but I really like you, like really like you," Wonwoo hugs her, "I want to do better with you, be the kind of guy you should be proud of, and the man you could always count on."

"Won..." Nami started, "That's in the past, and I want us to look at the future. I gave you a second chance, just don't' fuck up."

"I know I wouldn't," He suddenly stood up before crouching in front of Nami before kissing her temple.

"I will make you proud, I will."

-

"So what's with the Han river date?" Nami asked as both grabbed a late-night meal in the nearest convenience store.

"This is out of your character," Nami asked her clingy boyfriend at the moment.

"You told me you want to have a simple date by the Han River, didn't you?" Wonwoo said as he paid for the ramyeon and grabbed Nami hand again.

"When?" Nami asked.

"Back class, Before Korean Literature, 5th period."

-

Past

"Nami! Did you hear Hayeon got a date at Han River?" Seoyeon told Nami, who was still staring at Wonwoo, sitting a few chairs in front of her. She was still daydreaming of Wonwoo being her boyfriend.

"Do you think Wonwoo would bring me to Han River?" Nami asked Seoyeon, who was facepalming at what her friend had said.

"Yah! Do you think that sloth would even walk you out of class?" Seoyeon scoffs, "It'd be amazing if he even notices you Nami, would it kill you to try and forget him?"

"Seoyeon-ah, Jeon Wonwoo is the man I am going to date. You can't make me change my love for him," Nami grumbles.

"My gosh... you and Jeon Wonwoo."

"I would love if he took me on a late-night walk by the Han River," Nami dreams, and Seoyeon laughs at her friend, "Imagine riding bikes together while we grab a midnight dinner and then talk about our marriage."

"That might take a while... you should dream Wonwoo actually stepping out of his house," Seoyeon snickers, and Nami couldn't help to look at her best friend, "and Nami...Wonwoo with going outside doesn't match with him."

"What does not match me?" Wonwoo suddenly appeared before them, sitting down in Infront of Nami, who had stiffened in surprise by Wonwoo's sudden appearance.

"Woo..."

"You are going to cause my friend to live alone with 52 cats Jeon, if you don't take her out," Seoyeon bluntly told Wonwoo, who looks at Nami, who still stiffen, or maybe love-struck by Wonwoo's dashing visuals.

"Nami, please forget about me. Seoyeon is killing me with her stare."

"I love you." Nami blurt out.

Wonwoo could only look at Seoyeon, "I tried stopping her."

Wonwoo had put his stoic face pretending to be uninterested in what they had been talking about. In fact, his heart was flipping inside. Not only did Nami's words strike his heart again, but now he had the perfect idea of where to bring Nami one day if they would go on a date.

"You both are hopeless," Seoyeon shakes her head in disappointment. 

A/N: Happy New year! Everyone, thank you so much for your love last year! This year I promise you to update a bit more frequent

A/N: Happy New year! Everyone, thank you so much for your love last year! This year I promise you to update a bit more frequent. Here's a little update, sorry for being almost a month gone without an update. My account was somehow logged out and I can't get back in. But, I got everything sorted out so.... enjoy lol!