Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Harry's POV

"Haha yeah the concert last night was crazy bro! God we had some laughs." I said. "Dude, there is a girl staring at you." Liam whispered to me. "It's the waitress actually." Zayn said. I couldn't help but smirk.

"Is she hot?" I asked. "Yeah definitely." Louis said. "But she reminds me of someone? I don't know, I think I've seen her before. Or am I just being crazy?" Niall asked. "Is she coming this way?" I whispered. They all nodded.

"Three cappuccino's and two black coffee?" A familiar, soft voice said. My eyes widened. I knew that voice...but it couldn't be... I looked up at the girl and my mouth hung open. "Omg...Em....Emily?" I stumbled over my words. She looked at me with her big gold-brown eyes. "Hi Harry..." She whispered. I stood up and gave her a hug, but she didn't hug me back. I didn't feel her tiny arms around my torso. In fact, she pushed me away a little. "How.. How are you? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I work here." She said. "And I'm fine, how are you?" She asked. "Yeah I'm okay. You guys remember Emily right?" I turned my face to the lads. "Oh yeah! I knew I knew your face from somewhere! It's good to see you Emily!" Niall said smiling. She gave them a little smile.

"Yeah well I should get back to work now, enjoy your coffee." She said and began to walk away. "Wait Emily, what um... What time do you finish?" I asked. "5 o'clock." She replied.

"Oh well um would you like to go get a drink or something with me after? Cause you know we have so much to talk about! It's been a while since I last saw you." "Yeah I know...It's been four years..." She said quietly. I slowly nodded.

"I don't know Harry I've got a lot of stuff to do and I..." "Please do it for me. I really want to talk to you again. Please Emms?" Her face changed when I called her that. I thought I saw tears behind her eyes. But they weren't happy tears. Apparently it meant something to her when I called her that.

She slowly nodded. "Okay I'll see after work then." I gave her a smile and walked back to the table. Something had changed about her. Not only did she look different on the outside, but something else must have happened. I could tell. I could see the sadness behind those eyes of hers.

The happy carefree Emily I had known was completely gone.

Emily's POV

I walked into the kitchen and put the plate down. My hands were shaking and I felt tears in my eyes. Why the hell did I say yes to him? To a jerk who doesn't care about me. Who has betrayed me and ditched me like he did. Well I knew why I said yes, just because of this one stupid word.

"Emms".

I know that sounds pathetic but I couldn't help it. No one ever called me that except for Harry. When he said that I felt like I had my friend back again. Just like four years ago, when I was still happy. I ran my hand through my hair. I couldn't believe he was just pretending that nothing happened. Like everything was normal.

But still, even if he did ditch me like that, he is still Harry. My best friend who I still had a crush on. And the worse thing? He even looked hotter than he was before. He had changed a lot. He had gotten a lot of tattoos, his hair was longer and he dressed differently. I sighed as I cleaned up the kitchen. My heart pounded like hell when I thought about the fact that in about 2 hours, I would see Harry again.

***

It was 5 o'clock. I changed my shirt and put some perfume on. I pulled my hair out of my ponytail, my long brown locks fell over my shoulders. I walked outside and saw a car parked outside.

Harry was leaning against the car with his phone in his hands. When he looked up he smiled at me. I smiled back while I slowly came closer. I didn't know why, but I was really nervous.

"Hey." He said quietly. "Hey." I forced a smile.

"How was work?" " Yeah it was okay." I felt really awkward, I never felt awkward around Harry, but right now I wish I could just run away.

"So um are you ready to go?" He said. I nodded.

"You see, I told you I was going to pick you up with my car someday." He smirked, I looked at him confused. "What do you mean?" I asked. "You don't remember? You were always complaining about biking to school and stuff. We couldn't wait till we were 18."

"Oh yeah that...." I mumbled. He gave me a little smile before we both stepped into the car. "Um where are we going?" I asked. "Oh there is a nice café not far from here." I simply nodded and looked down at my feet.

"So um...how is life?" He asked. I felt a lump in my throat. How is life? Not even two months ago I saw my mother dead on the floor. The past four years I have lived in hell. How is life? Terrible and not worth it.

"Fine." I muttered.

I didn't look at his face. I'm a terrible liar and Harry knew. But I felt him looking at me with his worried green eyes. I glared at him and saw him frowning at me.

"So what about you? Still being chased by screaming girls?" I quickly said to turn the attention to him. "Yep every day." He grinned. "So have you heard our new album?" He asked. "Neh...Not yet." I lied. Of course I heard 'Four'. It was amazing. I really wanted to hate the album, but I couldn't. It was actually one of their best albums in my opinion. But I was still kind of mad at Harry and I wasn't really in the mood to talk about his fame and all those girls.

"Oh okay." He bit his lower lip and looked to the road again, suddenly I felt kind of guilty. "Well...I did hear a few songs of the album. And I have to admit that they are pretty good." I gave him a little smile. "Thanks." He smiled back.

"Oh we're here." He stopped the car and quickly stepped out. I took a deep breath before Harry opened my car door. He smiled and gave me his hand. I took it and Harry helped me out. We walked into the café and sat down in the back. It was really quiet actually. But maybe that was better, otherwise he would have been taking pictures with fans and stuff.

"Would you like something to drink?" The waitress said. "Just black coffee please." Harry said. "And for you ma'am?" "A latte macchiato please." I asked. Harry smirked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You still order the same huh?"

I grinned a little. "Yeah I didn't change that much then huh?" He smiled. "Well a little, your hair is longer." He stroked his long fingers through my locks.

"So tell me something. How was life in Holland?"

"It was nice actually. In the beginning it was very strange. I had to go to a new school, new home you know that kind of stuff. And don't get me started about that language. Terrible." I laughed a little. He smiled at me.

"So you speak Dutch now huh?"

"Fluently." I joked which made him grin.

"Yeah we've been there a couple of times now. I loved Amsterdam. Did you um... have you been to one of our concerts?" He said carefully. I nodded. "Yeah. With both tours actually. I couldn't miss my friend's concert, right?" I looked down at my lap. "Thanks Emms. If I knew you were coming I could have taken you backstage after the shows." He mustered a smile.

"Well if you hadn't changed your phone number I could have called you."

His smile fell and he looked at the table. "Yeah...I'm sorry about that." He looked up at me again but then turned his face to the other direction immediately. "It's just...Some fans found about my number and I had to change it and stuff." He looked at me again.

I slowly nodded. I knew he was lying. Harry was always a terrible liar. "Yeah well you could have told me..." I whispered. Harry bit his lower lip.

"I know, I'm sorry." He suddenly took my hand.

"You have no idea how much I regret it. I'm so glad you're here. I missed you Emms." He smiled at me. I let out a deep sigh. Despite how much he had hurt me, I missed him too. And I know I should probably walk away from him now. But I couldn't.

"I missed you too." I whispered.

Please vote and comment!
I love to hear all your opinions :)
Love you all xx