Chapter 10

A massive thank you to katelynrosepayne . I'm so insecure about my English, so she said that she would like to check the grammar for me. That's so sweet, tysm! You should all follow her and read her story. It's amazing! Love you girl! :) xx

Enjoy! Xx

Chapter 10

*2 months later*

I woke up in my small apartment in London. It's just a room with a bed, a toilet, a refrigerator and a table with two chairs in it. It wasn't much, but it was all I needed. I didn't have much money and I realized after two months I barely had any left. I had to find a job. I got dressed and walked outside. Maybe I could find a job in the mall. I asked in some shops if they were looking for employees but no one needed me.

I sat down on a bench, staring in front of me. I saw a kid playing with her mum. She sat on the swing. The little girl was yelling at her mum that she should swing higher. They both laughed hysterically. I smiled but at the same time I felt a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Are you okay?" I heard an old woman's voice speaking.

I looked up. She was wearing a black long skirt with a pink blouse on it. I quickly wiped away my tears and nodded. "Yeah thank you." I whispered and looked down at my feet. "May I sit next to you?" She asked me. I nodded and pushed over a little.

"Weird isn't it?" She said. I looked up at her. "What do you mean?" I asked. "How sometimes life can be so unfair, like it's testing you." I looked down at my feet again and nodded.

"Yeah tell me about it.." I muttered. She smiled a little.

"50 years ago I was sitting on this bench just like you. I was 20 years old. My brother just died, I was heartbroken. My parents left us when I was 5 years old, so we grew up in a orphanage. When my brother was old enough he bought his own house were we both could live. He was always there for me, he practically raised me. So when he died I had the feeling I had no one left." She took a deep breath.

"I was crying my eyes out, asking god what I should do. Why me? What did I do to deserve this? It started to rain and suddenly a dog ran out of the bushes. She was beautiful, her coat was wet but still really soft. She sat right in front of me and just looked at me with her big puppy eyes. She put her paw on my lap, like she wanted to comfort me, telling me that everything was going to be alright. And then I saw it. I took her head in my hands and I saw the shimmer in her eyes."

"It was my brother."

I felt some tears rolling down my cheeks. She smiled at me. "Most people didn't believe it but I didn't care. I knew it was my brother in there, telling me that everything was going to be alright. That there was a reason why I was still here.

So I took her with me, I called her 'Toto'. We stayed with each other for ten years. After ten years I found the man of my dreams. I fell in love and married him. A day after my marriage Toto was gone. I think she saw that I was happy. Her job was done, I had someone else who could take care of me so she took off."

"I'll always be grateful to her. She saved my life that day, I'll never forget her."

I smiled at her. "That's a beautiful story. But may I ask why you're telling me this?" I said. She looked at me with a warm smile on her face.

"I'm telling you this because you have the same look in your eyes as I had 50 years ago. Desperate, angry but most of all, sad. You just need someone, someone who you can count on, someone who can make you smile, someone who will take care of you."

"You need a Toto." She smiled.

"Are you a clairvoyant or something?" I laughed a little while I whipped off my tears. She rubbed my back. "No dear, I'm just an old lady who works in a café." She laughed. I laughed with her and then looked at the little kid again.

"My dad died of cancer when I was 12 years old. I felt like my whole world would fall apart. I guess I had a Toto too. His name is Harry, he was my best friend. Maybe you know of him. He's in this boyband called 'One Direction'."

"Oh hold up, I can't hear that name again. My granddaughter is a big fan. All she ever does is talk about One Direction." She laughed. I smiled at her. "Well because he's in that boyband I lost him...Well and because I moved away to Holland. But he told me we would keep in touch. I send him a letter almost every day. I tried to text him, call him or even tweet him but he never replied. I know it sounds like I've been stalking him and it's kinda pathetic. But I needed him, he promised me we would be best friends forever. He broke that promise...I bet he wouldn't even recognize me anymore if I walked into him." I sighed.

"Why are you back in London then? For him?" She asked. "No... That's...That's a long story." I said quietly. She gave me a sympathetic look. "Well let's just say that I needed to leave Holland. And now I'm here, desperately looking for a job." I puffed some air out of my cheeks.

"Well I think I've got something for you. I'm not only an old lady who works in a café, I also run that café. I'm actually looking for employees, so if you're interested I'll offer you the job." She smiled at me.

"Yes, thank you so much. Why are you doing this for me? I mean I don't even know your name." I said. "Well sometimes people like us just need a little help in finding their way to the right direction. And my name is Harried, Harried Anderson."

***

I have worked at the café for three weeks now. It's a nice job actually. All of my colleagues are really nice and it paid really well. I was busy with cleaning the bar. Suddenly I heard some guys talking and laughing behind me, but I ignored them.

"Emily can you bring this to those boys over there at table 2?" Katie asked me. "Yeah sure." I took the plate with coffee and walked towards the table.

"Haha yeah the concert last night was crazy bro! God we had some laughs." I heard a familiar British voice speaking. I became paralyzed when I heard the voice. I looked closer and saw a brown curly-haired boy siting at the table. Laughing very loud, his cute little dimples formed in his cheeks.

Harry freaking Styles.....

Please vote & comment
Thank you :) xx