20. go on kill me.

Alpha Adrian

I could not understand what was the exact thing that was ripping my heart more in pieces. Was it the tears in her eyes which weren't stopping, or was it the fear that lurks in her spellbinding orbs?

She didn't even think to look twice before running towards the open window; how high we were and what would jump cause her? She just wanted to run away from me. She was visibly shaking that's how scared she was. Right now, she wasn't the same person I met. Looking at her being a mess and filled with distrust, I was going frustrated.

It was painful to witness, her eyes didn't hold the fierceness anymore. They were bloodshot and frightened. Her cheeks were flushed but not because she was blushing. They were just solid patches of redness due to the high flow of blood because of the building panic inside of her.

As my gaze turned down to her luscious lips, I took in a sharp intake of breath as I felt I was going to choke on my breath by looking at her now swollen red lips. She was doing no justice to them as she unconsciously stings and bites them out of nervousness or to keep herself from making any kind of crying noise.

I couldn't control myself from feathering my thumb on her chin to the jaw, back and forth real slow as my eyes lingered a little while longer on her lips. The memories of her kissing my lips came to me like a flashlight straight in front of my eyes. She kissed me. There was passion. She too wanted me.

Suddenly a tear rolled out of her eyes and paused near her nose. The way she held the sound of her sniffling broke my already broken heart. Involuntarily my thumb swiped her tear off on her cheeks and sucked that salty drop of tear from my thumb looking into her eyes.

"Stop crying or else I won't be able to keep myself from kissing them off your cheeks itself the next time."

She sniffled and just kept looking at me as if trying to read my face. I was sure she is thinking I want to kill her and that's why I kidnapped her. She was deep in thought. Calculating things inside her intelligent brain. She is debating to herself. She is not someone that gives up easily.

'She will try something or other to get out.' Zedd said and I agreed.

"You need to eat," I said. "Come."

I turned to walk expecting her to follow behind.

"I'm n-not hungry."

I heard her speak in a thick voice due to crying and sniffling again. I turned back and found her gazing downwards. Her body was so alert and her palms fisted. If only I could read her thoughts.

"You need to eat, Diya. C'mon follow me," I said. "The chief chef has specially prepared everything for you, you'll like it."

She didn't respond to anything.

I walked a step towards her but she took a back so I stopped in my tracks. I have scared her enough. She is someone who fights back not scared away. I want you to fight me. Fight me, Diya.

'She was unconscious for 34 hours and now she doesn't want to eat! It's not healthy!'

Zedd spoke.

I watch her look up slowly lifting her lashes. She was looking into my eyes straight. Fuck, what just happened? Was I reading her right or was I hallucinating? Her orbs radiated hints of anger.

She was angry.

I did not move my gaze off her a bit as I couldn't understand if it was anger. She was afraid a while ago? She was crying over her thoughts I'll kill her.

"I want to go back," she didn't shudder. "home."

I smirked. She is overcome her fear. She doesn't wanna show her fear. She was now going to fight the death, me. She's controlling her emotions. Oh damn. This is what I want you to be.