10. Fresh Start

Alpha Adrian

Harry puts down the coffee mug on the table in front of me. While I was sitting on the sofa, I nodded my head at her and she went to resume her work on, her lover, laptop.

I was busy thinking of how to execute my thoughts.

I know what I have to do but I don't understand which approach she might accept. My unusual human mate's reactions to it can result in a major switch of actions.

I sighed.

Think. Think. Think.

I lean forward a little and from the table grab my mug of coffee. It's not at all something I like but I came to know from her profile she didn't like or you can say, well, majorly ignored the guys who drank alcohol from the start of the day so... I'll try.

It's not a big deal!

While leaning back into the sofa, I rest the other arm on the armrest. As I take the mug to my lips, its aroma hits my nostrils questioning me to rethink my decision of having it in the morning. It was black.

I heard them say, a pint of strong black coffee can relax the system and soon we feel somewhat refreshed.

It was bold of me when I decided I'll have black coffee in the morning. Now I was questioning my boldness.

While debating with my heart and soul I took a small sip and slurped it all down, quickly. Bitterness and ashy taste spread in my mouth. Hmm... not really bad.

I put the mug back on the table peacefully. Enough for day one!

As the aftertaste had left bitterness in my mouth, I felt like puking my guts out! Who even drinks this disgusting, yurkk, shitty-as-dunk liquid?

I grabbed a bottle of cold water and rapidly gulped half of it to get the taste off my tongue and mouth to concentrate on my thoughts properly with no bitter taste lingering on my skull.

I coughed on my water!

Instead of feeling relaxed, my system was going nuts! And not even a tiny bit refreshed I felt!

Bullshit!

"Alpha, do you want me to get you your usual wine?" Harry asked me turning her neck to my side while sitting on the study chair in the hall with her laptop in front of her face. I looked back at her, she was wearing a brown overcoat over a black tee and pants.

She's reminded me of coffee beans and I felt nauseous once again.

"If I want something, I can ask myself!" I replied bitterly.

"Why so grumpy? I was just asking." She commented in a slow voice which felt annoying to my ears.

"Can you go and work from your room? Your presence is disturbing my peace." I asked her as nicely as I could.

She looked at me with a straight face. I look back at her and raise a brow in askance.

She stood up and walked out quietly with her lover.

I felt better alone. I got back to thinking once again.

Unconsciously, I was caressing my thumb over the index finger in a lazy circular motion as the early sun laid its wrath on me through the glass wall. It felt nice as the room was still cold.

It helped me concentrate back.

I turned my gaze and it focused on the same glam ribbon vase. They had the flowers changed, it was holding beautiful yellow sunflowers now. The room service might have changed it while I went to bathe.