8. The Meeting.

Diya

My brain was fuming as I walked through the crowd while searching for Veronica.

How dare he! What does he think of himself?! Bloody donkey!

If I would have been there for even a little while longer I would have broken his legs and given it in his hands.

"Diya!" I stopped in my track as I heard somebody shout my name. I turned around to look for the source of the voice but saw no one in particular.

Maybe that was just a hallucination in my head.

Just when I was about to head on my way, "Miss Champion!" Again someone called and I turned my head to my left and found Ayden standing alone with a stupid smile on his face.

He waved his hand at me and walked towards me as I did the same.

Don't let that anger get the better of you. I reminded myself.

I smiled as much as I could.

"Hello, Mr First Runner Up!" I said with a smudged smile.

"Yeah! How I wished for you to fall maybe break a leg!" He teased in his sweet fun voice. A hint of a German accent in his speech.

He was standing with his hands folded on his chest.

"Ahh, you know I had the exact same thoughts for you until I overtook the win," I said the in a fake excited voice with a stretch on the word exact.

I grinned.

"Hahaha." He started laughing and I found it funny and I laughed as well.

"But you have to admit I was this close to winning and you, tsk." He said indicating an inch distance with his thumb and pointing finger. His eyes narrowed and his nose scrunched.

"Aww..." I fished for the invisible handkerchief in my jeans pocket and forwarded my hand to him and added," Wipe your tears, my friend, you always have a second chance they say, right?" I told him controlling my grin. I'm loving to pull his leg.

"You hnn, just wait and watch!" He challenged.

I smirked. "Promise! But don't you think, you'll have to wait to win that overconfident challenge till I stop participating?" I said that with a pout on my face and a laugh in my tone. I tried to rile him up.

"And don't you think you speak over highly bout yourself?" He cross-questioned.

I chuckled. "Un-hnn nope!" I said.

He just shook his head and stared at my face with a smiling face.

"Ah but okay jokes apart, I thought this time you might snatch it from my hands!" I admitted.

"I'm going to beat your ass this time! You just wait."

"In your dreams, buddy. I'm gonna make a hat trick against you."

"Drinks, sir, ma'am?" A girl offered while ending our endless debate. Ayden grabbed a glass nodding his head to the girl and took a sip from it.

I just shook my head no and she left us.

"Don't tell me you don't drink?!" He asked with his eyes big and a surprised voice.

"Ah, I need to keep myself sober as I don't intend to be the next morning's breaking news with the title 'drunk driver's death'."

He laughed. "Of course, if you die now your company's shares might fall." As he said that a bell rang in my head.

Raising my eyebrows a little, I told him in a curious voice, "You stalked me well."