Chapter 45 - Missing You

DALE FYRON'S POV

After the exam, I immediately packed my things and stood up to get out of the room. I need to hurry since I have to prepare my things for tomorrow. I'll stay in the hospital until Sunday because the principal just gave me 4 days so I have to go back to the university on Monday. Mom and tita were there so that they could accompany her in the hospital. I can't go there tonight because they told me that I should rest so that I could gain energy. Palagi nalang kase akong walang sapat na tulog dahil gusto kong bantayan siya buong magdamag. It doesn't matter to me if I won't sleep the whole day just to take care of her. I won't feel tired nor exhausted because she's my resting peace.

I sat on my bed and was about to sleep when I suddenly remembered a scene that happened here on my room. Yung time na natutulog ako tapos ginising ako ni Katria dahil hindi pa raw ako nakakakain at anong oras na. I placed my hand on the other side of the bed where she sat and wakes me up. We almost kissed that time if she didn't stoop up and went to the couch. I bit my lower lip and just chuckled when she also shouted and covered her eyes because she saw me naked. I really enjoyed that scene.

No matter how I tried to close my eyes, still I couldn't sleep. I just went to the kitchen to get a glass of milk in case that I could sleep. Dinala ako ng mga paa ko sa library at agad tumungo sa mga book shelves. Then, I saw the book that she read last time. She put something on it, a bookmark. I just put it back to the shelves and look around the whole library. Naalala ko rin yung time na nag-away kami dito ni Kat at pati rin si Cohen nadamay. We throwed many hurtful words to her but she just ignore it, though I know she's also hurt that time.

The next morning, I woke up early and wears a V-neck yellow shirt and black shorts. I just ate a sandwich before going to the garage and put my bag inside my car. My brothers were still sleeping on their room so I didn't bother to wake them up. Niliko ko ang kotse ko sa kanan dahil dadaan muna ako sa simbahan para magdasal bago dumeretso sa hospital. I bought two candles and light it up before placing it on the Mama Mary's image. I prayed for almost 7 mins. and enter the church. There's a few people inside and all of them were seniors. Umupo ako sa pinakaunahan dahil malaki naman ang simbahan at lumuhod roon. I closed my eyes and kept on praying that the surgery would be successful and she'll be okay. I'm not really used to go to church since then, like I don't have time or I just don't want to. Not until she came and taught us some things that we should learn since we were growing as an adult.

She said that she learned it on their province, and she's right. We applied those things she taught us and we learn different things from her. Pagkatapos nun, natuto kaming magsimba linggo-linggo dahil palagi niya kaming sinasama. She also said that we should say thank you to God for giving us the life we have right now and for the people who stayed by our side no matter what. It's not that we came to church just to wish for something we want, it's not reasonable, as what she said. I didn't expect that it would turn out like this, that I would beg to him just to save my girl's life.

" Oh, Dale. Nandito ka pala, anong sadya mo at napadaan ka rito eh hindi pa naman linggo." I was about to walk outside the church when Father Gio suddenly called me.

I smiled a little and bowed to show respect." Yes, father. I came here to pray for my girlfriend because she's in the hospital right now. Naaksidente kase siya nung isang araw at kailangan niyang maoperahan."

" Ganun ba? Siya ba yung babaeng palaging kasama niyo ng mga kapatid mo dito?." he asked.

I just nodded in response." Yes po. I don't even know what to do. It gave so much impact on her head that's why she need to undergo brain surgery." I answered worriedly.

He tapped my shoulders and smiled." Maayos din ang lahat, magtiwala ka lang sa Diyos. Mabait kang bata at magalang, ganun din siya. Alam kong gagaling siya, pangako 'yan. Ipagdadasal ko rin siya kaya 'wag kang mag-alala. May awa ang Diyos sa inyo kaya tiyak na hindi niya pababayaan ang minamahal mo."