|| 0 - Why ||

"Can I be a hero even without a quirk?"

A young middle school boy asked, hoping for a positive answer, under his eyes were clear bag that were the results of his lack of sleep.

All Might looked at the kid in empathy "The world's dangerous kid.. You can't become a hero without a quirk, maybe be a police officer or something.. It's a fine profession that pays well"

.... And with that, All Might left the boy. Alone in the roof, his eyes lacked the shine that it once had.

"Quirkless.. Why am I so unlucky" Izuku Midoriya, one of the 4% in the world who didn't have a quirk. The other 16% were old people who lived long enough to see 80% of the world's population with quirks.

He looked at his burnt, crinkly and slightly damp notebook..

"If you really want a quirk that bad, take a swan dive off the roof and pray you'll be born with one in your next life"

Looking down the railing, he contemplated for a bit before deciding that it wasn't worth it. Why was Japan such a harsh environment... well, at least to those like him.. weak, defenseless.. quirkless.

Izuku let out a loud sigh and headed down the building, he took out a small device from his bag that he made at home. It was a tiny explosive, he designed the item to be just like Kacchan's explosions. 

"Who needs quirks anyways.. handicaps..." he mumbled, looking at his device, thinking of multiple ways to improve it.

💥BAM 💥 (I know amazing sound effects-)

Izuku looked to his right, buildings were damaged, reporters everywhere and civilians in distraught. He made his way through and asked the nearest person "What's happening?!" an old man in his late 30's answered "A villain appeared, poor kid became a hostage but none of the heroes are helping".

Izuku looked at the scene and his eyes widened at the sight of a familiar tuff of blond hair.

Making sure not to react rashly, he looked around and saw no heroes rushing in to help. Izuku growled under his breath. He grabbed a remote in his bag and quickly ran in, getting to the sludge monster and throwing his bag.

When the bag got near the sludge monster's face, Izuku pressed the remote and all his mini devices blew up. 

"I..dOn't... need.. your.. help.. DEKU!" 

Bakugo yelled, slightly slurring due to the sludge's hold. With the small distraction of the devices, Bakugo fired up his quirk and got the monster to loosen his grip.

The next thing you know, a loud scream was heard.

"DO NOT FEAR! FOR I AM HERE!!"

In one loud punch, the sludge monster was blown away, changing the weather. All Might looked at Izuku who didn't care to meet his eye but rather trying to pick up what was left of his bag.

The pro heroes from the sidelines were either congratulating Bakugo for having a strong quirk while the others scolded Izuku for being reckless. A reporter got to Izuku and placed a mic near his face "Hey kid! what was the explosion from your bag?" the reporter asked, curious of the small stunt.

Izuku showed what was left of his roughed up and blown up bag "Just devices that I made.. nothing special" he mumbled quietly but it was enough for the camera to catch. Without hearing anymore from the crowd, Izuku left quickly and on his way home, he was met with a certain skinny blond.

"Young Man.."

Izuku looked at All Might with a dead stare "what?".

"I saw your courage and because of that--" 

"If you say something along the lines of I can become a hero or something then I'm out"

"what? I was going to say, would you like a chance to become a hero?"

"Didn't you say that I couldn't become a hero without a quirk?" 

All might coughed.

"Well yes.. but I can give you a chance--"

"All Might, I apologize but I have to refuse.. whatever chance that is. I'll be a hero without a quirk"

Izuku walked past the shocked hero and arrived home where he was welcomed by his crying mother with a hug.

"IZUKU I SAW THE NEWS, ARE YOU OKAY?!" Inko said in between tears and sniffling.

Izuku smiled gently and returned the hug "Yeah.. I might need a new bag though" he chuckled as Inko looked at her son who had multiple ash patches from the explosions. Inko cleaned up Izuku's wounds and fed her son his favorite meal.

After dinner, Izuku walked to his room and dropped the scrap metal pieces in the bag that was tinted with burn spots and parts that were barely useable. He looked at his All Might posters and merchandises before taking all those down, putting them in a box that he kicked under his bed.

"If the world could live previously without quirks then why do we need them now.."

He said with new determination, opening his drawer with metal parts and making new and improved contraptions.