Real Life

Last night, after hours of talking, Corpse and I had fallen asleep. At first, he had been saying he was fine sleeping on the couch and I take the bed. I would never make him do that and I know he only suggested it cause of what just happened.

I found it cute but I wanted to sleep with him. No... not that way. Corpse, even though we just met in person, is my comfort. He knows that but he's such a gentleman that he always wants to make sure I'm okay.

I woke up and saw him right across from me, his fluffy hair fanning out all around his face. His lips were in a small frown and I had to fight the urge to coo.

He's way more handsome than he'll ever know. I know why he's worried about his face ever being leaked and that's because the world of the internet has unbelievably high standards. He and I have stayed on the phone numerous times because I've let the hate comments get to me.

Those nights led him to learn more and more about me. He knows that I have suffered from anorexia, about my low self-confidence growing, and obviously about my DID.

Confiding in him made him more comfortable with confiding in me. At the end of his streams, it became usual for him to call me. Sometimes if I wasn't on the stream with him, he'd call and tell me about how it went. His best moments, moments that made him nervous, when he felt most stressed. Even when I was on stream with him, he'd still call me. I felt super lucky to have him in my life and not just physically.

We never really had a chance to ever talk about our... status. I like him and I'm sure he likes me the only problem, again, is the people on the internet. I do not doubt that people would try their best to break us up by targeting me. If it meant I could be with Corpse, I wouldn't mind taking a couple of bullets.

I gently scooted back away from Corpse then did my best to sit up without moving the bed much. As I sat on the edge of the bed, my vision started to go a little blurry. Just like how if your eyes are dry and you try to blink it away but it only becomes blurrier.

I sat there for a second trying to let my eyes adjust, thinking that was what was happening, but soon the fuzziness passed from my eyes to my head. Dissociating even though I didn't want to.

'Stop,' I thought to myself, or whoever was listening in my head. I wanted it to be stern but it came out more in a panic.

I am literally trying not to ruin anything with corpse. If he wakes up and realizes I'm not me, what will he think?

'Oh shut up and move,' I winced internally at the sassy voice that'd just told me to move, very rudely.

After what felt like an eternity I gave in.

I blinked a few times, becoming fully aware of my surroundings.

"Em?" I heard behind me. I smiled mischievously to myself before trying around.

"Nope Samantha. Nice to see you again Corpsey boo."

Samantha fronting ♥️

Corpse looked at me for a moment then started to rub the sleepiness out of his eyes.

"Is Em alright?" was his second question. I looked at him for a long moment. Studying his facial expressions and his body language. Then I shrugged lazily.

"Yeah, she's fine. The group decided that we would front more, so that she can be used to it. We're here to help, can't do that if she shuts us out constantly. Anyways we need your help," I finished smoothly.

He seemed to be thinking so I gave him space by getting up to look for our suitcase.

"Help how?" I heard the bed shift a little so I knew he had sat up to look toward us. I smiled to myself, happy that he's truly interested in Em's wellbeing.

"Small things like making sure she knows it doesn't scare you that she has 'voices in her head', still don't understand why she must refer to us like that. We understand that she's scared but why so mean, ugh. Anywoo," I got some clothes before turning to look at him. He was now closer to me leaning against the bed.

"She's also scared that you don't like her because of all the 'craziness' going on."

"I'm not scared of her," he said, a load of hurt behind his words.

"No, she has feelings for you Corpse. Like feelings. And she thinks she's crazy therefore making her think that you think she's crazy so also therefore she feels like you'll never like her as she likes you." He looked at me, his mouth open and gaping like a fish out of water.

"Is she going to remember this?"

"No."

"I don't want her to think that. I like her a lot too."

"I know that. Most of us know that, she just doesn't. So tell her."

"Tell her?"

"That's literally what I just said."

"Uh.. but are you sure she likes me."

"We literally pretty much share a brain."

"I haven't had a girlfriend in... a long time. I can't take her on cute dates and shit. I barely leave my fucking house. I wouldn't be a good boyfriend for her."

"Corpse she literally fell for you over the internet. She's not worried about cute dates and shit."

He opened his mouth to counter again but I quickly interrupted.

"Okay stop overthinking. Going to go wash, you stop overthinking. You're smart, you're handsome, she's literally in- Just stop overthinking boy." And with that, I sped walked to the bathroom. Almost said too much there, whoops.

A/N: Next chapter isn't going to be an update so please read and brace yourself ig. Also Samantha actually wrote this. So say thank to her to fuel her ego 😭