Chapter 25

It was almost time for the 2nd semester exams, and a lot of students were starting to slightly panic or study more about their lessons. Hatogai Yuna though wasn't really worried, but it doesn't mean that she was going to slack off.

She plans to keep her 3rd place in academics spot until the end of her high school years. That scholarship she worked hard on will continue to make her solo life easier to manage.

Due to that, she would always study hard in her apartment after club. She would avoid going outside as much as possible in order to invest her time to her studies.

She refuses to lose the deal her father has graciously gave her since middle school!

"Nezumin~ Can I study at your place tomorrow?" Yuna asked her seatmate bestie as Nezu smiled her way. "Sure. I could also need some help with some of the material." He nodded her way. Yuna lets out a hum at that.

"My dear Chuukichi-nii-chan needing help?"
"Your grades in English are the best in the batch, Hatogai."

"Ahaha, well I guess we just have to help each other out. You're Math grades are flawless." Yuna chuckled out. Nezu shook his head at the girl's antics but nonetheless didn't deny her statement.

"Pfft- I can't believe you're actually studying, Hayato." Yuna mused out, walking with Hayato and Kashima to the library. It was a bit surprising to Yuna that the two males were going to neglect their club activities to study for the upcoming exams.

"Shut up, the Old Hag threatened me." Hayato hissed out, showing his best friend the text his mother sent him just for him to study.

From: Old Hag
Title: Regarding the midterms

If you fail any subjects, I'll trash your treasured DVD.

From, Mother.

Yuna laughed out loud at that, and the funniest part is that Shizuka will really wreck her son's CDs if he did fail a subject. "I love your Mom so much." She wheezed out, wiping a stray tear from laughing. Hayato only glared at her angrily, "We're not as smart as you, Yuna." He told her.

"Ah, will you help us today then, Hatogai-san?" Kashima asked as they reached the library doors. Yuna hummed in thought, "I guess I could help you guys study. Just not tomorrow though, I'm going to Nezumin's house to study." She chirped out.

"Ah, I guess it's logical for the top 3 to study with the top 2 student." Kashima said, but he also knew how close Yuna was with the Nezu family. "Don't get distracted spoiling his siblings." Hayato bluntly stabs his best friend with his words.

Yuna puts a hand on her chest, "Hayato, how can you break my heart like this?" she faux cried.

Hayato merely rolled his eyes, "I just stated the truth." He said back, making Yuna laugh out.

"Well then, let's get to studying, my dear friends. Let's start with Sciences~!" Yuna cheered as they entered the library. "Ha-Hatogai-san, we shouldn't be cheering in the library..." Kashima said to her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And from that day onwards, the students were determined to study with all they got to pass their exams and do well in their academics.

"Let's go, Hatogai?" Nezu said, slinging his bag over his shoulder. Yuna nodded, "Yup, let's head out." She agreed, smiling as the two brother-sister friends walked out the classroom.