Chapter 20

Yuna excitedly waited in the airport, legs slightly bouncing despite being so early in the morning. Why was she in the airport on a school day? Well, it was the day her family visited Japan.

"Nee-chan!" a bubbly voice called as Yuna recognized the voice and happily turned to the little 2-year-old running to her. "Asher my dear!" she cooed as she crouched down and caught the toddler in her embrace.

"Nee-chan, you ok?" he asked as she nodded, "Yes, Nee-chan is okay." She chirped.

Her dearest little brother Asher was followed by a beautiful blonde woman with her hair pulled in a low ponytail and green eyes, "Asher, don't run off so suddenly. You might get lost." Alisa scolded her child. "It's okay Mom, I'm here." Yuna chided as Alisa smiled up to her stepdaughter and pulled her into a hug.

"It's been a while Yuna dear, I've missed you." She said as Yuna held her brother in one arm and hugged her stepmother with the other, "Missed you too Mom. Where's Dad?" she asked as they depart.

"Oh he's getting our luggage." She said, pointing at the bright brown-haired man approaching their way.

"Hey, Dad~!" Yuna waved his way, wherein the man grinned brightly and waved back, quickening his pace. "Yuna! How have you been?" he said as he hugged his daughter.

Yuna chuckled and hugged back, "I'm great Dad, how was the flight?" she asked as the family started to exit the airport. "It was a bit hectic but we're here now." He said with a smile.

They go to the nearest restaurant for breakfast, and as they dined in, Alisa gave Yuna a sheepish smile, "By the way Yuna, I'm sorry for this but can you take Asher to the school daycare?" she asked the favor. Yuna smiled, "There's no problem with that Mom, may I ask why though?" she asked.

Her father comes back with all their orders and answered while distributing the meals. "We were originally planning to bring you with us to our little vacation trip, but since you insisted to go to school, we've decided to not leave you behind and have a couple trip instead and have the family trip in the weekends." He said with a smile.

Somehow, both of his children were giving him the same deadpan look, "Dad, you just want an excuse to spend some alone time with Mom." Yuna blatantly stated as Asher also pointed their way, "Excuse." He repeated the word.

Sousuke averted his eyes in guilt while Alisa laughed at the scene, "Well, is it still okay for you, Yuna dear?" she asked for the sake of her husband, it would also be a lie if she said she didn't want alone time with her beloved.

Yuna sighed, seeing them so lovey-dovey. "I don't want Asher to be exposed to such PDA so I will be taking him." She teased the flustered parents as Asher pointed at them once more, "Red!" he exclaimed before poking on his pancakes.

Yuna smiled and helped Asher eat by cutting up the pancake into bite-sized slices for him before turning to her own pancakes. Alisa saw this done so naturally and smiled endearingly, "Thank you so much Yuna, we'll be back to fetch you two later." She smiled as Yuna nodded, "Yes, thank you Mom!" she grinned.

They took separate cabs after breakfast. It was currently 5 am, the airport was a two-hour ride to school and classes started at 7 am, 'I'll probably make it in time.' She thought as she saw Asher starting to go back to sleep.

She lets his head rest on her lap while she told the cab to head to Morinomiya Academy. She thankfully already wore her uniform and brought her bag, so she was prepared.