Chapter 21

"So how was Hokkaido?" Nezu asked as Yuna messily finished her to be passed English homework for the next subject. The Hatogai family went on a weekend trip and thus Yuna didn't get to do any homework, thankfully she has this uncanny luck that helps her finish them in a minutes.

"It was cool, there were ski boards, snow, and hot springs. I honestly had fun being there with my family." She chuckled out. Nezu smiled, "That's nice, until when are they staying?" he then asked as she hummed, "Until next Sunday, I believe." She mused. Nezu nodded his head at that and resumed writing notes.

Her family extended another week in Japan before they return to England. The next time they'll be meeting, it'd be for New Years when Yuna visits them in England.

"Maybe I should invite your younger siblings out on an outing."
"No."
"Your rejections pain me every time, Chuukichi-nii-chan."
"It'd be less painful if you stop calling me that."

Yuna snickered as she returned her attention to her homework as the teacher went in the classroom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh? Inomata? And Ushimaru-san is it?" Yuna asked during club time. She went out to check on the babysitter club while she was free and saw the two girls by the daycare room's window.

"Hatogai? What are you doing here?" Inomata asked as Yuna smiled, approaching the girls.

"I asked the baseball team coach if I could check on the kids since I'm free. So here I am." She reasoned with a smile before turning to her two companions. "So what about you two?" she then asked politely.

Inomata nodded, "I was passing by here when I saw her here." She said as the two Class A girls turned to Ushimaru curiously. Ushimaru fretted in place, trying to say that she went to get her tennis ball but there was no tennis ball in sight.

"You don't have to make excuses. I understand how you feel. I... find those children c-cute, too... S-So... If you're too embarrassed to go play with them by yourself... I could be convinced to accompany you!" Inomata said, stuttering all the way.

Yuna wiped a proud motherly tear from her eye, "Oh Inomata, you've grown up so well." She said with pride. "P-Please don't tease me, Hatogai." Inomata sighed out in red. They then turn to Ushimaru, who looked pale in shock and terror.

Seeing this, Inomata turned away, "But if you don't want to go with me, forget I said anything." She said before she started to walk away. "N-No, Maria-chan!" Ushimaru reached out as Inomata paused in her steps, "Don't apologize. I'm sorry for being forward with you." She said.

Yuna watched from the sidelines, seeing Ushimaru cling onto Inomata's arm, "That's not it! It's not that I don't want to go with you. I just feel like... watching from a distance is best... Oh, not like that! I just don't have the courage to go in, you could say..." she rambled on before she took a deep breath, as if about to tell a world-ending secret.

"The truth is, I have a hard time with small children!" Ushimaru confessed.

Yuna honestly thought it was tragic, especially for a girl who liked Kashima.

And speaking of the boy, he slid open the daycare room windows with the children to see where the voices were coming from. At that moment, Ushimaru looked like her Romance just died right there.

Inomata glanced at Ushimaru before turning to Kashima, "If you heard us, that speeds things up. We're on our way to join you. Please help her to grow accustomed to small children." She stated.