Chapter 6

Yuna looked at herself in the mirror one last time, eyeing the new uniform she wore. She had a gray blazer and a cream sweater over her button up shirt, a dark skirt paired with her black thigh highs, and her brown locks were slightly wavy despite being combed.

"This is it Yuna, 1st day of High School." She chirped. She was still attending Morinomiya Academy though, so nothing much would be changing. She nodded at herself before taking her bag and exiting her lonely apartment.

"Morning Hayato." She greeted her best friend by their usual meeting place as Hayato nodded, "Morning." He greeted back as they walked together to school.

"I feel like we're going to be new people with new experiences, when in reality we only have new uniforms." She chuckled out as Hayato rolled his eyes, "Even our classes are still the same, the only thing different is that we're in high school." He remarked.

Yuna nodded, she was still in Class A and Hayato was still in Class C, and they were both still joining the baseball club.

Once they were in the 1st year High school hallways, Yuna waved bye-bye to Hayato before entering Class 1-A and went to find her seat. "Seems like we're still seatmates." Nezu jested as Yuna laughed and sat down next to the stoic boy, "Seems like it indeed, we're forever seatmates." She joked back. The two shared a small chuckle as they settled down in their seats.

"Nezu, look." Yuna whispered as Nezu followed her line of sight before letting out an amused sigh. Yagi and Inomata were assigned to sit with each other for the semester, and it only cracked Yuna up.

"I wonder if Inomata would survive." She mused as Nezu shook his head, "She won't last that long." He stated, having not much faith in his best friend who would most likely piss off the stern girl.

With that, Class for 1-A started, marking Yuna's start of her high school life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Class ended and it was time for the 1st years to find a club to join. 'I would join the baseball club with Hayato, no one else was the manager the last time I checked.' Yuna thought as she took her bag and bids goodbye to Nezu and Yagi.

"U-uhm Hatogai, do you think I should join a club?" Inomata asked as Yuna turned to the black-haired girl and smiled. "In my personal opinion, I think club activities are needed to balance out a student's school life to enhance other skills other than textbook learning, so yeah you should join one Inomata." She chirped out.

Humming in thought, Yuna continued, "I'm joining the baseball club as their manager to continue helping the team, you should look for a club you have similar interests in or one that can help you reach for a goal in mind." She suggested as Inomata nodded at her words seriously. "You're right, thank you Hatogai!" she said as Inomata took off.

Yuna chuckled fondly before turning to walk down the hallway and saw Hayato waiting for her. "Sorry for the wait, let's go to the club." She approached the male who shrugged, "I didn't wait long. Let's go." He stated as she nodded, and the duo walked together to the baseball field.

Most of their senpais in the club studied in Morinomiya middle school so they knew each other already. Thus, the introductions were easier, and they easily joined the club. Wearing her manager tracksuit, Yuna listened to the coach and club advisor orient her about her tasks, from simple water bottles and towels, to taking notes of the games (scoring and players), the usual first-aid and medical practices for injuries and checking on the players as they practiced.