Chapter 8

Yuna yawned as she went to Class C to eat lunch with Hayato. She entered the room and skipped to her usual spot next to Hayato, and now with Kashima eating with them. Kashima seemed a bit nervous, but he turned to ask Yuna a question plaguing his mind. "H-Hatogai-san, what do you think of cheating, even when one of them has a kid?" he asked as Yuna blinked his way.

Kashima sweatdropped as he watched Yuna's bright eyes darken into blank blue eyes, "Cheating is cowardly. If you don't love your partner anymore, then you have to admit it and be proper humans rather than keeping up lie after lie just because you can't admit that you're not in love." She coldly stated as she stabbed her tempura.

This freaked out Kashima, "R-Right." He replied as Yuna sighed.

She says this because her own father manned up to his feelings of falling out of love, separated legally with no problems, took time to move on, and now is happy with a new family. That's how feelings should be managed if love isn't present anymore, orderly, and truthful. There were no need for lies.

"So what's with that question, Kashima?" she asked, easing her expression. Kashima chuckled nervously, "Just a thought... then, do you have love experience, Hatogai-san?" he asked next as Yuna paused a bit. "I do have someone I like... but actual dating, none at all. Why are asking though?" She replied, blushing.

"You shouldn't hate them, though. You're better when you're You, you can't be yourself without those."

At that moment, she felt Cupid's arrow pierce her heart and had her helplessly fall in love.

Hayato watches his friend's bashful expression and turned to the window, gulping. He didn't want competition. Does that mean he's giving up though? Hell no, he's going to assert himself more.

Kashima nodded, "I see. Well, I'm asking because I don't have any love experience... I don't think I've liked a girl before." He said as he turned to the girl, "People like you a lot Hatogai-san, and even I have to say you're pretty and nice, but I don't feel attracted. Is there something wrong with me?" he asked.

At that moment, Yuna laughed at the amusing question and Hayato sighed at her, handing her his bottled water to calm down her throat. She gingerly accepts, drinking the water, before turning to Kashima.

"There's no need to rush Kashima. It only means that you haven't felt that kind of love yet and you're focused on other things. No worries, you're good." She chirped, closing the bottle, and handing it back to Hayato.

Kashima sighed, relieved, his friend was right, he didn't need to rush experiencing love, he was more focused on taking care of Kotarou for now.

Hayato on the other hand stared at the bottle, before averting his eyes, keeping the bottle. He shouldn't feel this happy for an indirect kiss.

Yuna took a bite of her lunch before turning to Kashima, "What's with the weird scandalous questions though, Kashima? What happened this time?" she asked him. Kashima avoided eye contact, but felt her eyes burn into his soul in amusement and curiosity.

He gave in, telling her and Hayato about the thing with Inui, an upperclassman, and Sawatari-sensei this morning.

"Kashima, don't you just think that Inui-senpai misunderstood? Sawatari-sensei gets along with her husband after all. It could all be one-sided." Yuna suggested cruelly. She lets out an amused smile though, "It'd be funny to see something so dumb." She snickered out.