Chapter 2

"I'm sleepy~!" Yuna yawned out as she and Hayato walked together in the hallways. "Did you watch something until late night again?" he bluntly asked the girl who tried rubbing off the sleepiness in her eyes. 

"I did, I finished the anime in one seating. You know me so well, Hayato!" she chirped as he lightly flicked her forehead, "You're an idiot, Yuna." He stated. She rubbed her forehead while pouting his way.

They walked on 'til they notice Kashima walking in the halls with the kids behind him. "Hey Kashima." Hayato greeted as Yuna waved hello at him, "Good morning Kashima." She said as Kashima turned to the two best friends. 

"Kamitani, Hatogai! Good Morning! By the way... Is there something weird about me? It's my 1st day in this uniform, so..." he asked, worried at the stares he's getting.

"Yeah, there is." Kamitani bluntly stated, shocking Kashima. Yuna nodded, "Y-Yeah... Why are the children following you like a mother duck?" she asked as Kashima turned around, shocked that the kids were indeed there.

"Kotarou? What are you doing here? And you guys..." Kashima exclaimed, crouching down as Kotarou went to hug his brother. "Kotarou wanted to follow you, so we came with him." Taka explained as they all started to ask Kashima to play with them. 

"Everyone, you're making a scene. You have to quiet down since we're in school." Yuna lightly scolded as the kids lessened the noise, not liking a frowning Yuna-nee-chan.

"But I wanna play with Ryu!" Taka shouted as Hayato stepped in, frowning. "Taka, Shut it." He said, raising a fist with a dark face, scaring the children in the process. "Kamitani, please stop threatening the small children!" Kashima turned to Hayato, telling him about his violent ways. "I.. I.. Nii-chan, you poopiehead!" Taka exclaimed, running away.

The child bumped into a person's leg, and Yuna turned to the person, before sweatdropping, 'Oh dear, we ran into Inomata...' she thought with a slight grimace. They will definitely be scolded for this mess. Kashima holds on Taka as he turned to apologized to the black-haired girl. 

"'Sorry' won't cut it. What are children doing in our middle school? We can't have you turning our school into a playground to suit your own needs." Inomata said as the kids all cried because she was scary.

Yuna sighed as she walked forward to the top student, "Sorry about them Inomata, they're kids from the school's daycare and Kashima helps take care of them. They must have followed him earlier into the hallways." She told the girl with a helpless smile. "I appreciate the explanation but telling this to me doesn't really change anything, Hatogai." Inomata said back, making the girl chuckle.

"You have a point there Inomata, but don't worry, we'll bring them back to the daycare and correct them." Yuna said back as she pats the girl's shoulder, "Hope you tell the teacher where I am just in case I'm late." She said as Inomata nodded, "Understood, thank you Hatogai." She stated.

She had respect for Yuna, who was smart with maintained grades and accepts everyone for who they are in a way that makes her approachable, that was something she couldn't do at the same time, so she respects the girl a lot.

"Kashima, Hayato, let's bring the kids back." Yuna turned to the guys, who nodded. Yuna carried Kirin in her arms as Kashima took Kotarou and Kazuma and Hayato took Taka and Takuma. As the trio walked away, the crowd of students started to gossip.

"That's Inomata from the gifted class, right? She's top of the class, but she's so mean..."
"I hear Kashima's looking after those kids because he lost his parents."
"She was way too hard on him."
"Why couldn't she be understanding like Hatogai?"
"They seem to get along though, she defused the situation immediately."
"Hatogai-san gets along with everyone though..."