J.T ~ Request - The One That Got Away 2

Interview after interview after interview. Your name the star topic of them for Jade, and hers for you.

The feelings for one another had never left, in fact, they never had a thought about diminishing. Instead, they grew and grew with every mention of yours or Jade's name. Like a flurry of flowers blossoming in the spring unattended by a Gardener, those feelings would spiral out of control until you nor Jade could talk about one another without feeling as much as a crushing pain. A crushing pain of guilt and remorse for Jade- and crushing pain of heartbreak and insecurity for you.

Jade had the girls at her side, to help support her through this time, but you had no one. Sure there would be an occasional text from either Leigh-Anne or Perrie checking if you were okay, but there would be none from Jade.

Sometimes, you would have thoughts about calling the girl and seeing if she was doing alright and maybe just maybe get an answer for all your questions, but you just never do it.

You think that you not reaching out to the girl was damaging your relationship even further; then again, what relationship is there even to damage? She broke up with you and you can't do the darndest thing about it. In fact, the only thing you can typically do is spend time with your six-year-old dog that you had left with your parents upon moving into Jade's flat,- she didn't want a dog ruining the place.

Ironical that excuse was as you found out just a month after she left that she had replaced you with a young Border Collie. One that looked similar to yours, except Jade's had the bluest of eyes while yours had the shade of brown that would continuously remind you of the one that got away.

Your heart still aches every day for her.

At times you grew tired of the heartache, but then again you hoped it would never end as each day it ended up fueling you with confidence you never knew you had. The confidence that helped you walk out of your house in the clothes you most longed to be in without Jade at your side- although you had never felt insecure with Jade, it felt almost nice being able to go out without her at your side. Without her continuously eyeing every person she deemed as 'sketchy' in fear that they may turn your head. But you loved it when she did that, as it always ended up with you teasing her about it or with a reassurance kiss.

Sometimes, you missed those moments.

It had been what you presume to be another month after your finding out about your 'replacement' when you see Jade at your local dog park.

It's a strange sight for you as she lives a couple of hours away from you, but here she is just a few feet away from you throwing a green tennis ball for her pup that yipped excitedly.

Your Border Collie, Widow, strains against your tight grip on her leash most likely becoming excited by the sight of the few other dogs surrounding her.

You quickly unleash her, not being able to take your eyes off of Jade who yanks the ball gently out of the mouth of her pups. Once Widow was off her leash she cranes her head to look back at you eyeing the backpack that hangs off your side.

You glance down at the pup and allow a small smile to draw upon your lips. You zip open the bag to get her toy, but when you look up Widow was gone and off running at a full speed towards an unsuspecting Jade.

You want to scream out to your ex and warn her but a part of you just wants to let the whole thing play out.

Widow continues to sprint joyfully towards the girl only to get derailed by Jade's pup who runs directly into your dog when trying to return its tennis ball.

You let out a silent shriek and sprint over to the two dogs that stared at eachother in a dazed yet shocked state. You hook your two fingers in Widow's collar and gently pull her back away from Jade's dog.

"Oh my god!" You can hear Jade gasp as she runs over to retrieve her Border Collie. "I'm so sorry-" she stops her apology short upon seeing you. "Y/n"

Your heart stammers slightly at how effortlessly your name still manages to roll off her tongue. "Jade." You give her a small smile. "What are you doing here?"

"I just came to let Buddy here play at the dog part." She glances down at her pup letting her hand gently stroke the top of his head.

"Why here?" You question unsure as to why she had chosen a place miles away from her apartment.

Jade's brows crash together, "What do you mean?"

"You're awfully far away from your part in London. Why come all the way to mine?"

"Oh..." Stumped, Jade is as she tries to search for an appropriate answer, "Um well." She sighs shifting her attention down the ground. "I came to apologise and... I miss you." Jade pouts her clutch on the dog in her arms tightening slightly as the young animal begins to fidget. "I didn't want to let you go, but they threatened my whole career."

You frown, "It's... fine J'adore." You look down at your dog who sat calmly at your feet eyeing Jade's dog that elicited a continuous guttural growl, only stopping when it felt the delicate movements of the brunette's fingers.

Jade's pout morphs into a matching gloomy countenance frown upon the mention of the nickname that Perrie uses. She had been hoping that you would use the one that you use for her in the most intimate and private moments, - Bambi.

You pursed your lips, "I miss you too."

"Can we start over?" She asks a glint of hope fluttering within her eyes, "Like our relationship. We can be together in secret. Management doesn't have to know except for the girls." Jade almost pleads at you, causing you to be taken aback slightly. You were not expecting this to happen at all. "I'll even let Widow stay! She and Buddy can be great friends."

Both Widow and Buddy's heads perk up at the mention of their names.

You look at Jade for a moment, unsure if you actually wanted her back, unsure if you wanted to go through the whole process all over again, unsure if you wanted to be kept a secret. But the longer you look at the pleading girl you can't help but feel the flood of emotions you had felt the very day she had mustered up the courage to ask you out.

"Yes, Bambi, I will love to get back together with you."

Jade breaks out into a small going over to plant a kiss on your cheek before remembering that Buddy was still in her arms and showing signs of not wanting to be squished.

"Yes!" She cheers. "I got my baby back, and gained another one!"

•°•°•°•♡•°•°•°•

I apologise if this is not as good as the others, but I didn't want to make you guys wait any longer than what I had originally expected you to wait for, (like a couple of days after the request was asked for, but here we are almost a whole month later)

This has been requested!

Not proofread