Chapter 3

Y/n's Pov

I was waiting patiently for the curtain to open.
I was inside of a life-sized bird cage, a metal swing hanging from the cage's ceiling for me to sit on.

I looked down at my feet, swaying them slightly to move the swing a touch forward, then back.
My mother would always let me go on the swing back home.
-Home- I frowned at the thought of that word, it made my stomach twist and turn.

I heard the voices of many people on the opposite side of the curtain, waiting to hear my song.

I hated having to be forced to sing for strange individuals I don't even know.
But what was I to do? I couldn't open my wings because of the Evoker's spell, and I certainly couldn't scream for help with a pillager aiming a crossbow at my head at every single possible angle.

I sighed and cleared my thoughts as I awaited for the curtain to unveil me.

_________________________

Philza's POV

As Tommy and I made our way to the Nightingale's tent, I watched as pillagers were wondering around.

Tommy held his backpack of his necessities and inventory, consisting of food, a few tools and weapons, some potions, and some netherite armor.

I, on the other hand, have my satchel with some food and some enderpearls.
My netherite sword was strapped to my waist under my cloak, just in case things take a turn for the worst.

I looked down at Tommy.
"You sure you need all of that stuff there, mate?" I chuckled as he looked up at me.

"Of course, Dadza! these pillagers are unpredictable! Besides, I want to be prepared for anything!" He whisper shouted.

"Alrighty then." I smiled at him, "just remember to stay out of trouble, and don't attract any unwanted attention." I told Tommy, making sure he understood my warning.
"Got it" he says and nods in response.

We then split up to cover more ground, Tommy going around the backside of the tent while I went in as a regular audience member.

And boy, was it packed with people!
Fortunately for me, there was a seat right in the middle of the seating areas.

I made my way to the seat and waited, looking at a large stage with a curtain concealing whatever was behind it.

A pillager walked out onto the stage, facing the audience and began to say a few words.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you all for attending this incredible event! We are honored to have you all here tonight..." the pillager stated, a smirk plastered on his face.

"Now we know it might seem like somewhat of a facade that us 'Pillagers' are incapable of becoming kind and caring individuals, but THIS is not a trick!"
He continued, "We have seen the errors of our ways, and we wish to start anew, starting right here in L'Manburg."

The crowd stood up and cheered, I clapped my hands and smiled.

He takes a bow and continues his speech. "So, as an offering and a symbol of our peaceful treaty, We now present to you all, The Magnificent Pearl Dove!" 
The curtain opened slowly as the pillager finished his speech.

The curtains revealed a large bird cage, and inside was a young woman, the pearl dove!

My heart skipped a beat at the sight of the winged woman.
Her (long/short), (h/c) locks of hair draped over her bare shoulders.
She opened her eyes and looked towards the audiece.
Her eyes were two stunning (e/c) orbs that perfectly matched her overall complexion.
It was as if I was under some sort of unknown spell.
I stayed silent and watched as the song began to play...

_________________________

Y/n's POV

I opened my eyes and looked towards the audience.
There was one crowd member that stood out to me more than usual,
a man with a green and white striped bucket hat.

I lightly blushed, he was attractive in some sort of way.
His crystal blue eyes, I could get lost in them and never wish to leave.

Unfortunately, I was brought back to reality when I heard my song playing, I prepared myself and began to sing...

*play song here*

Come little children,
I'll take thee away
Into a land of enchantment.
Come little children,
the time's come to play
Here in my garden of shadows.

Follow, sweet children,
I'll show thee the way,
Through all the pain and the sorrows.
Weep not, poor children,
For life is this way.
Murdering beauty and passions.

Hush now, dear children.
It must be this way,
To weary of life, and deceptions.
Rest now, my children,
For soon we'll away.
Into the calm and the quiet.

°~instrumental and chorus~°

Come little children,
I'll take thee away
Into a land of enchantment.
Come little children,
The time's come to play
Here in my garden of shadows.

*end song*

I went quiet after the song had ended.

The crowd suddenly roared with applauds and cheers.
I jumped from the sudden action, then calmed down to thank them with a curtsy.

I looked up to look at the man with the bucket hat and blue eyes, making eye contact with him again.

He was staring at me with amazement, happiness abvious upon his face.
Seeing him with such joy made me feel so free, despite my enslavement.

But our exchange of gazes was cut off as the curtain closed.
'I've never felt that way before...' I thought, '...I wish I could see him once more.'

______________________________________

This story is coming along nicely!!!
I will try and publish more chapters very soon!
Stay tuned, my Pollen Children!
💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐🐝💐🌸💐🌸💐🌸💐