5 | it's a deal

#nowplaying

= do or not - PENTAGON =

🔥🔥🔥

I love dancing.

Nobody knew it, not even my parents, and that's because I never tried to dance in front of anyone. To imagine myself dancing with a group of people...ugh, makes me uneasy.

One day after school, I came across the school's dance club and watched from afar. Music blasted as people on the sidelines cheered excitedly for a group of boys competing in a random dance play. There was where I spotted Myungho, perfectly blending among the crew as he grooved and break danced to the hip-hop music. His moves were light and fluid... and for the first time, he looked really cool. The crew took turns free styling to the songs that played, and I was so envious of their talent and courage to dance in an open space.

It is the dream to be like them. To dance however I want without the fear of being judged... but dreams are called dreams for a reason. It happens only when we're asleep at night.

But I couldn't fall asleep that night.

Many thoughts clouded my mind and made me wonder if there was really nothing I could do to learn dancing, or at least try. If only I could dance as well as him... if only someone this good at dancing could teach me for free... if only I knew someone who would do that for me...

The longer I pondered as I replay the memory of Myungho dancing, the clearer my answer became. No matter how I saw it, Myungho fit perfectly as the solution.

...

"I'll do it," I told Myungho. "The tutor thing."

A smile crept up his face. "R-Really?"

"On one condition... Teach me how to dance." I said. It's the craziest thing I've asked for, but I was wide awake (maybe with a rush of adrenaline) when I made that bold proposal. I came to this decision knowing that it might be my only chance to learn dancing from someone who needed me as much.

My stomach tied in knots and my hands trembled so I hid them behind me as I waited for his answer in the unsettling silence. He eyed me in seriousness for seconds and... laughed. I took a small step back, immediately regretting my decision. I didn't muster up my courage to tell him this and get laughed at.

"What's the occasion? Why do you want to learn how to dance? Is it for... someone special?" He teased and eyed me suspiciously. That made me think twice again.

As much as I want to learn dancing, this doesn't seem right. I sighed heavily and turned my back to leave, already hopeless. "Forget that I asked."

"Let's do it," Myungho caught my hand. The playfulness in his voice had disappeared. "You teach me and I teach you, that sounds fair."

I spun around meeting his eyes again and deliberated. I gave it up just a second ago... If I agreed now does that make me look too easy?

Just reject him.

"Okay," it left my mouth. I'm puzzled at myself.

His eyes lit up. "So deal?"

"Deal," I blinked, trying my best to maintain a poker face. All I wanted to do then was break out of this long conversation and get back to my seat.

I looked down to see Myungho still holding onto my hand. "Oh sorry," he released my hand when he realised it too.

As soon as I got back to my seat, he turned behind to face me again. "If you could borrow a practice room at M&K some time, that would be great. Try asking your boss if that's possible. I don't mind studying there, you can teach me and I can teach you how to dance between my study breaks." Myungho suggested on a serious note.