20 | the emotional drunk

#nowplaying

= Hug - SEVENTEEN =

🔥🔥🔥

Everyone paused and looked at me, making my heart pound faster. I looked down at my hands, digging fingernails into my skin and hoping that I could focus on the pain and not my anxiety.

Then I heard Yuna bursting into cackles. "What's that about? That's so random!"

My nails sank deeper into my skin, hating her for laughing at me. I knew everyone's eyes were on me, judging me... I felt tightness around my throat, as if someone was trying to choke me.

It was times like this where I can't help but accept this as my own punishment, for being a loser in society...

Myungho placed his hand over mine without saying anything. In that moment I saw no one else but him... and I felt like I could breathe again when I saw him easing into a soft gentle smile.

"Enough, Yuna. You're acting like a kid." Daphne hissed and that silenced her immediately. "Shall we make a toast?" Daphne rose from her seat with glass-filled Soju up in the air.

It broke the tension as everyone followed by raising their glasses and so did I.

"Here's to a successful collaboration between M&K and Spotlight!" Daphne cheered.

"CHEERS!" Everyone sang happily and downed their glass of alcohol in one shot.

...

The hearty mood dissipated as soon as members started getting drunk on shots. I could hear some slurring, some still clinking glasses, and some heads crashing onto the table as they surrendered to alcohol's fate.

As for me, I'm still holding up well.

"I'll go get the bill!" Tipsy Daphne pushed herself off the table. My eyes trailed her as she made her way to the cashier.

"Oppa." I heard Yuna speak from the side, again. "I think I'm drunk... Can you send me home?"

I didn't have to look to know that she was asking Myungho. Ugh. I helped myself in pouring another glass of Soju to distract myself away. I'm so not interested in their conversation.

"You look fine. Stop drinking and go get yourself a cab home." Myungho replied her.

"But I can't even sit straight!" I heard her whine as she fidgeted. My guess is that she was trying to lean onto Myungho.

"Then rest your head on the table," Myungho answered calmly. And I just kept on pouring myself drinks, trying my best to stay out of it.

"But it's uncomfortable to do that~ It makes me want to puke!"

"Then go to the toilet." He never once budged.

"I feel quite hot actually..." Yuna moaned seductively, to my horror. I turned my head towards them this time and witnessed how she tried to unbutton her shirt to reveal her cleavage.

I expected Myungho to be indifferent again, but this time, he didn't know what to do.

"sLUT!" I coughed out loud and caught both of their attention. I never meant to interrupt them but her actions were way beyond acceptable.