25 | in my new world

#nowplaying

= _World - SEVENTEEN =

🔥🔥🔥

"Yujin ah," Myungho came up to us, looking wary of Dash. I already sensed jealousy. "This is...?"

I broke into a smile. "This is-"

"Dash," my best friend introduced himself with a dashing smile and offered a handshake. "My gosh you are one fine piece of art," Dash commented sassily, making me widen my eyes.

Myungho dropped his suspicion immediately and returned the handshake. They exchanged names and started talking about the weather.

"Guys?" I interfered this time, suddenly feeling like the third party. "I know the weather is great but can we move on?" I looked to my boyfriend, "and you need to get back in there."

Because Myungho wasn't done with his rehearsal, he had to go.

"Dinner tonight? It's on me," Dash offered to him.

Why didn't he offer me?

"Sure," Myungho answered with a friendly smile before leaving us. I made sure Myungho disappeared into the corner before turning back to Dash.

By then, he was already smirking cheekily at me.

"What...?" It was my turn to be wary.

"Are you actually worried that I'd snatch your boyfriend from you?" He chuckled.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes immediately. "Bullshit. Why would I be!"

Deep down, I admit that Dash is a really good-looking guy. Who knows, Myungho might be...

He whacked the back of my head and caught me by surprise. "Feed that thought to the crocodiles, Choi Yujin. Don't be silly!"

"YA!" I snapped at him.

"Did you not see the way he looks at you?" He looked mesmerized as he spoke. "He's madly in love with you. He's cautious of the guys you meet because you're his precious little one, the one and only one for him..."

I slapped the back of his head in revenge to snap him out of it. "That's enough. Stop exaggerating and go take a seat if you want to watch the rest of the rehearsal. Our next segment is about to start."

"You think I'm here just to watch your grand stage?" Dash smirked, and I eyed him in confusion.

"I'm here to see you, obviously. To see you living your new life." His smirk turned into a genuine, small smile. "You say you're fine over our video calls but I have to see that in person. I have to see him in person to be sure you're in good hands."

I chuckled, "are you my dad?"

"Honey, you struggled for years alone and cried countless times over the same guy. Now that you're together with him, how can I not be worried?"

I smiled back, thinking of the times I felt pathetic and lonely. If Dash wasn't my talking tree hole, I would have fallen apart back then.

"Let's find you someone who looks at you the same way Myungho looks at me. You deserve as much, Dash."

"We've been through a lot together, huh? Those times... you were anxious-depressed, and I was suicidal? But look at us now." Dash wore a proud smile. "Come here pal," he opened his arms for another hug, and in that warm hug, I was charged with emotions that my eyes went teary.

...

D-0 [Performance day]

= At the waiting room =