4 | you're the one

#nowplaying

= A-TEEN - SEVENTEEN =

🔥🔥🔥

[YUJIN'S POV]

Days passed since the snake incident, and Myungho and I were back to our separate ways. Apart from passing worksheets in class and making brief eye contacts, we never really talked to each other again.

Maybe because I have been avoiding him too.

Since that day, I haven't slept well. When I turn off the lights at night, the incident would flash through my mind. I often wonder what went through his mind when he saw me in a bra... and I would kick my blanket like crazy and curse myself for being an embarrassment. I'd even check my own figure in the mirror and feel disgusted at how bony I am. Countless thoughts would flood my head as I wonder if he still laughs about it, or if he was mocking me to his friends out there...

I snapped out of it before my emotions took over, and checked the time - a few minutes left to the end of school today. My eyes fixated on the textbook, stringing from one sentence to another but I didn't know what I was reading. I was trying my best to ignore the guy in front of me, but it wasn't working out.

Minutes ago, Myungho had a consultation session with Mr Park to talk about his academic performances, but he came back sharing his depression to Seokmin. I guess their discussion didn't go too well.

It was the same for Seokmin actually, they both returned to class with their heads hung low, and the atmosphere became so gloomy that I wonder how bad their overall conduct had gotten.

Just when I raised my eyes to take a peek at Myungho, he turned around to face me.

Then the thought of him seeing me in my bra crossed my mind again. I seriously don't think I can forget it any time soon.

"W-Why are you looking at me?" I asked timidly as my cheeks started to burn.

"That's it. You're the one," he said to himself but I heard it too.

"Uh?" I responded softly, hoping I didn't hear him wrongly.

"That's great," Myungho smiled bigger. "Hey you," he said to me with a heap of confidence. "Can you be my tutor?"

There he was, finally talking to me with his charming smile and expecting me to agree to it. But why should I help him? We're not even friends.

I breathed in deeply, crossing my arms, and leaned back on my chair. "No," I replied to the guy who gave me glittery eyes.

He was stunned for a second, probably because he thought I would consider it but didn't.

"What? Why not?" He sounded so disappointed.

"Because..." I paused, wondering if I should give him a reason. Do I need to give him one? "J-Just no. Go find someone else," I shrugged while packing my bag because I knew the school bell was going to ring any time now.

Myungho repositioned his chair so that he could face me directly, and I shifted back in my seat. It suddenly felt like a confrontation and that's not something I usually experience at school.

"Come on, Jinnie. You're the smartest in class. Help a friend out."

"We're not friends," I frowned. It was a fact that came off a little harsh and he looked sadden by it.

Plus, how dare he call me Jinnie?

"We can be friends from now," he proposed.

I shot him a doubtful look, "what?"