21 Living Arrangements

Ronan.  

The hunter that she'd singlehandedly beaten in beer pong yet almost left her paralysed for life. Almost.  

Looking at his cold, calculating eyes she felt more afraid and careless than ever. Levi had warned her about Ronan finding out about the curse being real. And by the way his smile stretched across his face, she was sure he had all the confirmation he needed. What that meant she didn't know, nobody did apparently. 

"Do you two know each other?" Cassie asked breaking the stiff silence and snapping Jane out of her trance. She looked up at her confused roommate and tried to ignore the look on Ronan's face as she answered, "We've met before." 

Ronan seemed amused by her choice of words, whilst Cassie sighed sounding relieved, before she jumped up and tightened her robe over herself, "Well that's good. My bladders about to burst and I didn't want to leave you two here if there was going to be any awkwardness but it seems it's all good. I'll be back." 

Before Jane could even protest about being alone with this psycho, her roommate had already bolted out of the room, her door banging closed behind her. A sudden sense of fear filled her and she felt glued to the floor.  

She knew she should be running away from Ronan just as fast as Cassie but her heart was beating so fast, her throat was closing up and her palms were starting to sweat, she was just too afraid to move. 

"It's so good to see you again, Jane." Ronan tipped his head to the side taking her in full view, "Walking no less, seems you made quite a miraculous recovery." 

She didn't dare say anything, too busy trying to force her feet to move away from this crazy killer. He was ruthless and deadly and being alone with him, was not the right thing to do, she'd seen how it ended once she didn't particularly want a repeat.  

"You look so frightened," he teased, "But not to worry, I'm not going to do anything to you right now. With Cassie being here and Levi still being so... well, Levi, its not the right time." 

"W-what is it that you want?" She stuttered much to Ronan's endless amusement. 

"I just want an even playing field Jane. As have all my ancestors. And now that I know the curse is real, I'll be sure to even things out." 

She opened her mouth ready to question him more about what he meant, but Elle just had to pick the wrong time to come barging into the room.  

"Jane!" She shouted, "I hate fighting with you. It's stupid, I don't like it. Now we need to talk or slap each other or something because I can't live like this anymore and- Oh my God is that the hunter that tried to kill you?!" 

Elle looked both terrified and furious at the same time. Right as Ronan smirked, "The one and only. I'm glad you've been mentioning me to your friends Jane it makes me feel so loved." 

Ronan scrapped his eyes up and down Elle as he stated, "By the way blondie, I didn't try to kill her. If I wanted to kill her she wouldn't be standing here right now." 

Clearly this hunter wanted to die. 

Elle glared at Ronan, before she clenched her fists and cleared her throat, "Jane I'm giving you two options. One - you can hold me back and drag me kicking and screaming to the car. Or two, you can hold my earrings." 

Both choices were equally terrifying, but Jane knew Elle like the back of her hand and she was knew whether she thought it was the right decision or not, Elle was going to kick the crap out of Ronan.  

Ronan just laughed, "Oh you she wolves so almighty and powerful. I'll tell you what blondie, lets take this outside - wouldn't want to your precious blood on the carpet."