38 - Mother

It was time for try outs and Matt found himself in the gym, sitting next to the coach and the assistant coach

"Alright, we got a new captain of the team," the coach said, "Matthew Taylor."

The team and everyone wanting to try out clapped for Matt.

He only waved at them and the coach continued to go over the rules of the try outs and what he expects from the boys who are trying out.

The couch divided everyone into groups and began the try outs.

"What do you think?" the coach asked Matt after try outs ended.

"That guy is Austin is really good," Matt said. "Almost as good as Jack."

"That's what I thought," the coach said. "And what about his twin brother? Jackson?"

"Eh," Matt said, "he's not as good."

The coach nodded. "I've got the team mostly made up. I'll let you know who made the team before I post up the list up."

Matt nodded.

After the try outs, Matt headed home.

"Dad?" he said as he walked into the mechanic store.

"He's upstairs," one of the mechanics said. "With your mother."

"Thanks," Matt nodded and left the mechanic store.

He headed upstairs, his heart racing. He won't be able to avoid his mother now if she's upstairs.

Matt opened his door.

"... he said he'll think about it!" Harrison said. "You can't force Matt to see you if he doesn't want to!"

"Well, too bad!"

"Matt," Harrison said, seeing his son open the door.

A woman turned around.

"Dad," Matt said, closing the door.

"Matthew," the woman, his mother, said.

"Mom."

"Oh my god, look at you," she smiled.

"Don't talk to me!" Matt said, angrily.

"Matt -"

"You left us," Matt said, "I don't want to ever see you again."

Matt walked up the stairs.

"You heard him," Matt heard his father said, "he doesn't want to see you."

"So, what? I'm supposed to leave?"

"Yes, you're supposed to leave!" Harrison said. "Both of the kids don't want to see you and honestly, I don't want to see you either."