59

Jalanee Coleman

Jalanee Coleman

"You hungry?" Destiny said to me walking into my kitchen.

"What you about to make? You know you can't cook nothing but eggs." I said to her,with a robe and towel wrapped around my hair.

"I started trying out recipes in this cooking class I started taking after work. I'm finna make waffles and some bacon bitch." She said making me laugh. I turned on the tv and placed on feet on the table.

King came running up to me and tried jumping on the couch,but I just picked him up and placed him on my lap. I started watching reruns of Martin,as the smell of food spread in my house.

My life was honesty doing better. I was started to find other sources of income and I couldn't be better. I decided I wanted to model for several lingerie lines,on the side though. I loved being a therapist,even if i do run into a few crazy people,I loved by job and loved that I could've just did it at home. My social life,has been better I guess you could say. I don't speak to anyone back in Louisiana anymore, me and Kayla speak but just not as much as we did anymore. I hated that I had to leave and no be with my nephew as much. I started calling out to my grandma more. I didn't plan on getting into a relationship anytime soon. I do think about how Kentrell is from time to time but I put away every memory I had of him. The questions about him stopped,luckily. I felt like my life was going back together,I just hoped this feeling wasn't temporary.

"Jalanee you saw what happened?" Destiny asked me,placing a plate of food in front of me.

"What?" I asked her.

"Check your instagram." She said to me,before walking back in the kitchen. I sighed and picked up my phone,and opened the instagram app.

"Nba Young Boy's Ex Girlfriend Jania Meshell reportedly suffered a Miscarriage Last Night In Baton Rouge,Louisiana."

My mouth fell open as I read the headline of the post.

"This true?" I asked Destiny.

"I think so...everybody posting about it." She said. I looked back at my phone and a rush of sympathy just flooded into me. I felt so bad. This was honestly a shocker to me. For her to lose her baby? I wouldn't wish that on anybody. I couldn't imagine how her or Kentrell would be feeling right now. Especially Kentrell,he just keep losing people left and right.

"That's crazy." I said shaking my head.

My heart ached out to Kentrell. He really had a hell of a year. I hope him and his family were okay.

"You going to go back to see him?" Destiny said,I gave her a look before answering.

"Why would I?" I asked her. She always acted weird when it came to Kentrell,like she wanted to eat his dick up or something.

"I mean you was once his therapist why not? You loved him. He loved you." She said slowly.

"I moved on from all of that. My condolences to him,but he's grown. I don't need to reach out to him for everything." I said. I honestly did want to reach out and see if he was okay,I hated when he felt alone or when he felt like he didn't have nobody. I wouldn't even know how to comfort him in this situation.

"So him and Jania together?" She asked me.

"I don't know. Not my business." I replied back before shutting off the tv.

"They said she got assaulted. That's what led to her miscarriage." She said looking at her phone.

"Assaulted? How? What you mean?" I asked curiously.

"It just says assaulted. Ask your people maybe." She said putting her phone down.

"That's not my business Destiny." I said again,almost at the right moment Kayla called my. I felt like I already knew what the call would be about,I looked at the phone before deciding to answer.

"Yeah?" I said into the phone.

"You heard?" She said lowly.

"Yeah I just heard." I said. Jania and I obviously didn't get along but I really did feel bad,and started to feel bad for everything that happened between me and her.

"You okay?" She asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine. Is he okay?" I asked referring to Kentrell.

"We're at the hospital. He's not good Jalanee. At all." She emphasized. I had the urge to just want to talk to him and make sure he's okay,but I needed to fight it off. I had to remind myself daily that me and him aren't good for each other,to stop myself from messaging him.

"How did she lose the baby?" I whispered.

"Some girls jumped her. Stabbed her. They did her bad. I feel so bad. You can legit hear her screaming and crying from down the hall." She said. I felt my goosebumps come across my skin for some reason I felt so guilty. Like i had did the wrong thing eventhough I knew what was right,but I didn't do anything. I just wish I could've fixed this whole thing for the sake of Kentrell.

"That's crazy....I feel bad for the both of them even though we didn't get along." I said to her.

"Same. You going to come down here?" She asked me.

"No. Why would I?" I asked sighing,I had just asked Destiny nosey ass the same question.

"You really not coming? Jalanee he need you right now more then anything." She said.

I didn't understand why people felt like I had to come down and come comfort him. It would've been good for the moment,but it wouldn't have been good for either of us. We would've just gotten back attached to each other.

"No he's doesn't. I'm not coming down...we broke up for a reason. Me and him aren't good for each other and he knows that. Him and Jania lost their child and I'm sorry for their lost but them two need to stick together since they experienced the lost together. That's really who needs right now." I replied back.

"Girl..Okay whatever. You don't even need to come,are you going to at least check up on him privately in dm or something?" She said.

"Kayla no...I'm moving on with my life. This situation isn't my business. But I'm sorry for his lost." I replied back.

I hated that this is how things had to be,but I wasn't just going to go over there and act like I also didn't cause him to lose another child. Kentrell was just losing people in the worst way possible and I hope he would hold on to his sanity.

_________