06

Jalanee Coleman | 19Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge

"Hey daddy", I said while sliding out of my car and locking it.

"Hey baby it's late over here, what's going on?" My dad said.

"No daddy I just wanted to talk to you, I just got home from work. How is everything? I never got to chance to call you, Ty told me what happened with Kai. i'm sorry daddy for everything." I said honestly feeling bad.

If i had never sticked around with Kai and had left as soon as the signs showed he'd never be this obsessive over me. It's really my fault. I let things get this way.

"Hush. It's not your fault and the boy barely touched me before Ty got involved." He said , while smiling.

One thing I loved about my dad, he always would smile and stay positive even through negative situations.

"How's work" He asked me. I had gotten in front of my apartment door at this point.

"I need advice papa.."

"Go on", He said while laughing.

"Well i just had this client, and he's known around the city, It's difficult to help him because it's like he doesn't want to speak or open up." I explained.

"So why is he in therapy?", He asked me.

"Court ordered, I'm not even sure why he got arrested I'd have to go through his file. My assistant told me I could just do research on him since he's so known i'm sure he'll have things on the internet. He seems difficult as it is."

"My advice to you is to not give up, people like that usually just struggle opening up you could help that instead of helping him with his life issues. people could be so hurt to the point where they can't speak about it or feel like they have nobody to speak about it." , My dad said seriously.

"I'm going to do research on him after i get off the phone and see what he's about. I see him again in another day and I just don't want to have another useless session with him for 6 months straight."

Me and my dad spoke for about another hour before I decided to go eat some leftover crawfish i had, after I showered.

I grabbed my computer and decided to search about Kentrell Gaulden. The first thing that popped up was his music videos, I decided to give a couple of them a watch.

I can give it to him, he's actually really talented, and his music is deep. He talks about him being in pain a lot in his music.

I then decided to look up his interviews and seen what blogs posted of him.

His dad got sentenced to jail for 55 years and His grandma died when he was just 10. He exploded in the interview about how his mom left Baton Rouge for a while and left him with his grandma and him and his mom haven't been the same since. After his grandmother died he lived with his friends family.