11

Kentrell Gaulden | 21Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Jalanee cried into my chest all night and didn't know what to say or what do. I rubbed her back while she cried into my chest. Shawty was annoying but don't nobody deserve to get hurt like that especially someone like her.

She finally had stopped crying,and I looked down at her and realized she was sleep.

I stopped rubbing her back,and I slid from under her to make sure the door was locked, I went to go get my jacket,and take my gun from in my pockets,and put it on the dresser next to her bed.

I laid back in bed with her,and I couldn't seem to sleep.

Who would wanna hurt shawty? She didn't even seem like she was from around here. She looked too scary to even have issues with anyone.

I looked back at her,and turned off the lights and had fell asleep right next to her.

Time Skip
Next Morning

I woke up to a figure shifting around in they sleep, I opened my eyes,and remembered where I was at.

I looked at her,she was about to wake up out her sleep and I didn't now how she'd react. She turned and faced me,with her eyes closed. Then she noticed there was somebody in her bed and opened her eyes,I smiled at her,and she look at my chest,and then sat up.

I started at her,and she held her head down.

"Thank you Kentrell for what you did last night. I can make you breakfast if you want.", She said.

"You shouldn't even be up. You need to get away from here, and need to tell your job you need time off. You should go to the hospital." I told her.

"I can't tell them I need time,I just got the job not even a month time. I don't need a hospital,i'll be fine." She said rolling her eyes at me.

"You staying with me.", I blurted out and she looked at me like I was crazy.

"You're forgetting you're my client, I can't be staying over at your crib or even be laying up in bed with you.•,I examined her face. Her black eye had swelled over night.

"How you feeling?", was all i said in response. I can't force shawty to come over and stay with me until she get back on her feet.

"My whole body hurts.", she said sadly.

"Go back to sleep,i'll order in some breakfast. And shut the fuck up telling me no, I'm trying to help you. accept that.", I said boldly, while getting out of bed.

"Funny for you to say." She said while smiling.

I mugged her,and pulled out my phone,opened the Uber eats app and handed it to her.