45

Moving Day

Jalanee Coleman

Jalanee Coleman

My timer went off at 6 am,I ended up waking up fast enough so it wouldn't wake up Kentrell who was laying on me. I slipped out from under him and went in the bathroom to shower. I was nervous today and Me and Kentrell been trying to avoid this day but it's finally here. I was just ready for my sister and Teelee to be emotional as fuck today. Leaving to New York was a hard decision and I didn't do it simply to run away from my issues. I just didn't like how I was doing with my career over here. In New York I'd be working from my home office. I didn't like going into an office with messy ass people. Me and Elijah haven't talked since that conversation about Kentrell and I haven't even brought it up to him since he was dead lol. I don't speak to anybody really from that office. Destiny would check on me from time to time but i feel like she wanted to be nosey. It hurt a little with Elijah because he was my first friend there and we were actually close.

I finished my shower and my hygiene routine before going downstairs. I had shipped off my boxes up to New York a few days ago. My flight was later in the afternoon. I was going to miss being in Baton Rouge. I ordered breakfast and decided to put all my necessities into my carryon bag. I pulled out my phone and I had multiple messages.

Kayla
you about to make me cry today. lemme know when you land i love you be safe bby

Louie
i know we not talking right now but i know you leaving today i enjoyed getting to know you. i hope you good up there.

Mommy
Let us know when your flight arrives baby.

I smiled and replied to all the messages before hearing Kentrell walk down the stairs.

"Why you up so early?" He asked me with a sleepy face.

"I have to get ready for today." I said

"Come back to bed mane'" He said with a deep voice. I looked at him and walked upstairs. I laid down on the bed and he laid himself on top of me closing his eyes. I played his hair while looking at him,he slept so peacefully. He wrapped his arms around me tighter as he slept. King then started to bark loudly,I'm guessing the food as arrived,waking up Kentrell.

"Jalanee." He said as his mouth nuzzled into my neck,tickling me as he spoke.

"Hmm?" I said.

"You leave today." He said dryly

"I know baby."'I said rubbing his back

"I have to get the food I'll be back." I said but he made his grip stronger.

"Trell..." I said and he sucked his teeth and let me go. I walked downstairs and opened the door making King bark some more. I took the bag of food and brought it back upstairs. Kentrell was now sitting up on the bed with a tired face. He opened his arms when he seen me and I walked up to him. He placed me on top of him as he laid back down. I loved how clingy he was being right now.