57

Jalanee Coleman

Jalanee Coleman

"I don't know. I honestly don't know where we went wrong. Too many breaks could make you realize that you guys aren't just the best match with each other. That's how it was with us." I explained,to my therapist.

"Can you explain how you felt after the breakup?"

"I wasn't really sad to the point I cried. I of course loved him and which it didn't end the way it ended but I felt more relieved if anything. Going back and forth with a person you just want to be happy with sometimes just drains you. Once we broke up,I felt like I could focus more on myself." I replied.

"Why didn't you tell him about your abortion?"

"I felt like I would've been pressured into having that baby. He really wanted a family with me,I did too,but with all the drama that was going around at the time I couldn't handle a baby. It was more then me being prideful and embarrassed to be the third girl he had gotten pregnant at the same time. I would need him as much as the other girls he's gotten pregnant needed him. That doesn't even sound right." I said sighing. I paused and put my knee to my chest.

"I honestly thought when I had a kid it'll be my first and it's fathers first. Sometimes that idea that we're not experiencing the whole newly parent thing together would've bothered me. I love all his kids,but I would've had that idea in my head the whole time." I admitted.

"Have you ever told him this?"

"No,I don't think I ever needed too. There's a lot of things I kept to myself in that relationship simply just to not get into it with him or come off as rude." I said

"Like what?"

"There'd be moments where I would honestly just start to detach myself from him,or I at-least wanted too. Loving him,broke my heart at the same time. Me and him don't think of things the same way. Whenever I thought we were getting somewhere something would happen. I guess that's how he felt the day I told him I gotten an abortion. He disrespected me on so many different counts,I kinda never under stood why I kept going back." I said as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"I was put into situations where I had to get out of character simply because of him. From putting my hands on people,or even raising my voice at him. I should never have to feel like I need to defend myself against multiple people because you can't keep your dick in your pants. I don't ever wanna do all of that,because of a man. He didn't bother to stop or control any of it." I said.

The woman in front of me handed me a tissue.

"I still cared about him even though he put me through so much shit." I said wiping my eyes.

"Everyone has a different perspective on what the problem is, and who or what the solution is. It sounds like you did as much as you could to make the relationship work." The woman said.

"I did." I replied.

"Now,your sister had a baby by his brother? She's clearly around. How does that make you feel?" She asked me.