Chapter 11- OLI & BUG

HAPPY READING :) PLEASE VOTE :)

"You have more important things to worry about and all you are doing for the last two hours is staring at that damn elevator! Wait a minute....don't tell me you are in love with an elevator...for it's very efficient in lifting people," Bugig spoke while munching on the chips as he sat beside Fin in the equipment room with the door left wide open from where Fin was keeping her sharp sight on the elevator while pretending to arrange the rackets.    

"Haha. Nice joke," Fin spoke absentmindedly and glanced one more time at the elevator.

"Seriously, what's the matter with you? You look...distracted," Bugig spoke, and this time quite sincerely.

"Nothing just....umm...waiting for Meiola...yeah...waiting for Meiola!" Fin spoke cheerfully, utterly happy with her newfound excuse.

"Meiola?" Bugig raised his eyebrows as he asked so, skeptically.

"Mmmhmm," Fin nodded her head frantically.

"Meiola, as in that girl with boy-cut hair who just came in here like literally twenty minutes ago to tell you that practice is canceled because football ground is being mowed today?"

Shit. You are THE DUMBEST person alive on this planet, Finiaroli, she thought to herself as she squeezed her eyes shut and wished for lightning to strike and kill her mercilessly, just like embarrassment was killing.

"Since when did you start sucking at lying?" Bugig asked, half amusingly and half curiously.

"Since I crossed the path with that bossy Oliandrin," she muttered to herself and ground her teeth annoyingly.

"I think you are trying to see whether that muscular guy- boss he was? - has arrived or not," Bugig spoke calmly.

"NO," Fin spoke quickly as her eyes widened, "No no. Not at all. I hate that guy...that boss of mine," she huffed and crossed her arms across her abdomen as she said so.

"Well if that's the case then I hope you won't mind if I--" Bugig stood up and closed the door with Fin silently opposing and cursing. "--close the door."

"Whatever. As if I was waiting for that Oliandrin..."

"We need to talk," Bugig cut her off gravely. "I wanted to discuss a few extremely important things with you this morning, at breakfast, but you wanted to reach the academy on time so....I couldn't."

Fin sighed loudly. She knew she couldn't escape from this conversation forever. She slumped down on the chair and Bugig sat beside her.

"I think Aarogy, your previous landlord who's now dead, knew you were heading to Sourovitas," Bugig straight away stated.

"But- How- He...he was very old and alone. He never interfered in my l-"

"Fin, come on. You, out of all the people in the world, know that trust is something very rare and only a few are capable enough to be called trustworthy," Bugig spoke while looking at her with pitiful eyes.

"I know," Fin sighed and groaned faintly. "You reckon he spied or eavesdropped?"

"I don't reckon. I'm certain. I mean come on, think! Why an old man with no money would be murdered? It doesn't fit. The only explanation is that Johb- I mean that he- visited Aarogy, extracted your info, and shot him. This fits," Bugig ate the last of the chips and sunk back on his chair as he said so. "He killed him because he didn't want to leave any loose ends. He cleaned the crumbs after eating the bread."

"Right. It's not a coincidence that he's coming to Sourovitas right after Aarogy's death," Fin spoke thoughtfully while drumming her fingers on the table anxiously.