Chapter 5- ARIC'S SWEETHEART

HAPPY READING :) PLEASE VOTE :)

It had already been a week of Fin working at the academy and to her surprise, almost everyone was liking her, and the talk of the new equipper being super cool spread like a vine in Oli's academy. Fin was still oblivious to Oliandrin being her boss because she never talked about him with others. She tried her best not to have more than two minutes of conversation with anyone but the pair of Mieola and Gilos failed her plans. They seemed to develop a soft corner for her daughter and that made it almost impossible for her to escape them, no matter how hard she pushed or how big excuses she gave. Pearl, too, developed a friendly bond with them which was like a 'game over' for Fin.   

"I'm not joining you," Oli spoke with an icy tone.

"You will enjoy, I promise," River spoke, almost pleadingly.

"Yeah, sure I will. That's what I love the most. Dinner date with a total stranger," Oli said sarcastically after wiping his face with the towel and rolling his eyes behind it.

"Come on! Double dates are super-"

"I'm not interested," Oli interjected flatly.

"So you are planning to die a virgin?" River raised his eyebrows testingly.

"Let me think...umm..maybe YES," Oli spoke and grinned humourlessly and exited out of the changing room of the basketball court.

"Oi! Mr. Coach!"

Oli turned around as one of the team members, who he was coaching minutes ago, yelled while River kept trailing his way towards Oli with a sulking face.

"Yeah?" Oli yelled back.

"You were going to give us a guide about basketballs...?"

Oli groaned mutely while rubbing his forehead. "Yeah, fine. You peeps wait here and let me fetch the balls."

Some other young boys stood up and spoke while jogging toward Oli. "Sir, you need not bother. We'll bring the ball-"

"That's okay. Being a sportsman, we all should be active. You all just don't disperse anywhere else. I'm coming."

"So...fetching the balls huh?" River spoke amusingly as Oli took the elevator to go to the equipment room.

"Seriously River? Such dank humor you possess, I must say," Oli spoke nonchalantly.

"Well, you do need balls...because you don't have a pair. You don't have the balls to date-"

"I certainly do have the balls to break your balls, Riverale Bytini," Oli spoke absent-mindedly while punching in the floor number on the elevator and it moved upwards. He knew Riverale, his best friend, was trying to provoke him to go on a double date and Oli, at any cost, wasn't going to give in.

River leaned against the elevator's wall and shot Oli a 'screw you' look and pulled out his mobile from his shorts' pocket and started typing furiously.

The elevator halted with a ding and the doors opened, revealing the equipment room straight in front of the elevator in which the boys in their orange jerseys stood.

"I'm going to get coffee," River mumbled sulkily, as he took a turn to the right towards the coffee machine, which made Oli chuckle lightly.

Oli opened the door to the equipment room and found it empty. He stepped inside & the sweet scent of aloe vera filled his nostrils. He secretly was happy that the last equipper quit the job because he was too rude to Oli's liking. Oli looked around in the hope of meeting the new equipper of his academy...after all, he was the boss, and the desire to know his new worker was obvious.