26 | He's Back

Irene's pov:

Irene's pov:

I'm currently with my friends eating dinner at our usual place, Jimin's parents' restaurant. We're having a good time. We're hanging out very often now so we can help one another to forget about it ... until we all go back home... that's when everything hits hard.

1 hour later

I took a shower and as I was walked to my walk-in closet, I stopped after I heard a loud knock on the door. I walked downstairs to see who's here at this time. As I opened the door I'm met with a tall man looking down with torn clothes, bloody hands and messy hair. "A-are you ok, sir? Should I call the ambulance?", I asked him with sincere concern. I realized that his entire body's shaking... I should call the ambulance.

As I quickly turned around to get my phone, "n-noona"... that voice.

It can't be him.

Am I dreaming?

I wanted to turn around, but my body wouldn't let me. I could feel him approaching me, but then something fell beside me. I quickly looked at the body next to my legs. He's not standing up. I quickly kneeled to him and carried him on the couch and then I called my friends. I could call the ambulance, but they would take too long so I called my friends so we can drive to the hospital with him.

He's back.

20 minutes later

We're currently driving with Sooyoung to the hospital with four cars following us.

1st car: Sooyoung, Taehyung and Irene.

2nd car: Jackson, Yoongi, Jennie, Lisa, Jisoo.

3rd car: Namjoon, Jin, Hoseok, Jungkook, Jimin with Rosé in the trunk since there wasn't enough space and she's very tall.

Twice members will come later because their managers didn't let them since they're making a music video for their new song.

When we finally arrived, we all came out of the cars and immediately went for the nurses.

1 hour later

It's been over an hour now and they're still not coming out, they're still operating on him. We're all here, waiting and waiting, walking around without one single word coming out of our mouths, we were too busy being in our thoughts.

As we waited for some more minutes a doctor finally arrived, "is anyone close to Kim Tae-hyung?", the doctor asked calmly and wearily. "I'm his girlfriend", I respond as he sighs and looked away. My heart starts beating fast.

WHY ISN'T HE SAYING ANYTHING!?

"Is there something wrong with him?", asked Chanyeol with concern in his voice. The doctor looked into Chanyeol's eyes and sighs again, "the operation went pretty well. He's safe for now, but there's a 79% chance that he won't make it. We will try everything we can to save him", he said as we all started tearing up and hugging. "Where is he now?", I asked the doctor, "he's is in room 82. You can go there", he said as he walked away.

We all immediately rushed to the receptionist, but she told us that only one person can go there so our friends let me go first while they left to go home.

I walked to the elevator, clicked 6th floor and waited till the elevator door opens up.

The door opened up and I walked towards the door with a big 82 written on the wall next to it. I gently opened the door and saw him lying there lifeless with cables all around him and scratches on his body.

I walked towards the bed with tears building up in my stomach as I sat next to his lifeless body lying on the hospital bed.

It's been over two months since I have last seen him and now after two months I'm in the hospital with his bruised and scratched body with bandages around his torso, left arm and plaster on his right leg. At least he's with me, I'm never leaving this room unless I'm leaving with him by my side. I will not lose him again. Never again.

I gently grabbed his right hand in mine as tears flowed down my eyes. "Why didn't I stop you?", I cried even more, "you wouldn't have to be in this appalling state. We were supposed to travel together and have fun, buy stuff for our unborn baby ... but it's too late now ... when you wake up, should I tell you or look at your condition and not tell you until you feel better? If I don't tell you, you would be unhappy with my decision, but if I tell you, I might risk your well being", I said. After some seconds of thinking, I lay my head on his chest as my tears flowed on his bare chest.

"I love you soo much. Days without you were horrible. Don't you dare leave me, Kim Taehyung ... never again, okay?", I ask him, knowing he can't answer, but still hoping that he would answer.

It would be the best birthday present.

Continue