Chapter 9

"I, the great Ryu- Dragon King, have captured the Angel of Light and consigned all of humanity to eternal slumber! At last, this planet belongs to Devil Queen Midori!" Kashima said darkly, pertaining to Usaida sleeping and the 'so called Angel' Yuna beside him, a makeshift halo on (made out of paper) and hands tied in front of her by a red ribbon.

"Help me~" Yuna played the act of damsel in distress while Devil Queen Midori cheered in delight.

"You're finished, Devil Queen! Ranger Five is here to stop you!" Taka announced like those heroes he liked fighting, standing on a chair with Takuma, Kazuma, and Kotarou standing next to him on the floor.

"Ranger Red!"
"Yellow!"
"Blue."

And just when Ranger Pink was supposed to introduce herself, they all turn to Kirin, who was scribbling on her paper. "Hey Pink! It's your turn! You gotta play Ranger Five right!" Taka shouted at Kirin before turning to Hayato, "Nii-chan, you're Monster Hayato." Taka then said.

"Yeah, no." Hayato rejected as Kashima slightly blushed, "If you won't join in, don't watch." He said, since he joined in the play.

"He's right, now can someone untie me please?" Yuna said to everyone, the ribbon was tight around her wrists so it kind of hurt. Hayato rolled his eyes but worked on the knotted ribbon to set her free.

"Who the hell tied this?" he asked, staring at the multiple knots on the tie. "Kazuma and Takuma did." She answered as Hayato slightly struggled but got to undo the ribbon.

"Thanks Monster Hayato." Yuna snickered as he flicked the paper halo off her head, "Yeah sure Angel of Light." He snorted in reply.

"Sorry, but I'm not playing that silly, childish hero game anymore. We all need to study instead!" Kirin said as the little boys all stared at her in shock.

"Please excuse me as I go find Inomata." Yuna said calmly standing up. She was going to talk to Inomata about keeping children's imagination intact. "Hey, don't do something troublesome." Hayato said, pulling her down to his side.

"Kirin-chan, studying is very important, but playing-" Kashima said but was cut off by the little girl.

"Listen everyone. If we start learning magic now, we can all become great witches!" Kirin said with sparkling eyes. 'Oh so she's still a child at heart filled with dreams.' Yuna sighed in relief as she leaned on Hayato. That was good.

"I wanna be a witch, too!"
"Me, too..."

"No, boys can't be witches." Hayato shuts down Takuma and Kazuma as Yuna puts a finger on his lips to silence him, "But male witches are wizards, so you can still learn magic!" she corrected.

Hayato pushed away her hand as Taka yelled, "Witches don't exist! You can't become one! Superheroes are real, though!" he shouted. Kirin didn't back down, "Superheroes aren't real! Mama said it's just a play! Witches are real!" she exclaimed back.

Sparks flew as they glared at each other. Childish banter about different things, so amusing and so child-like that it was nice that they were still imaginative though, but they shouldn't fight about it.

"Neither of them are rea-"
"Kamitani, hush! I think they're both real! They're probably real, so don't fight, you two..."
"Right, they're both real, so please don't fight~"

Kashima covered Hayato's mouth while Yuna gave the blunt guy a side-glare. Don't wreck children's dreams while they're still so innocent.