Chapter 19 "Birthday"

Charlie just grinned and stepped forward. He ran a hand through his blond hair and then just looked around the room until his eyes finally landed on me.

"This will be your home until we know for sure that Ian is your mate. Trust me you have better accommodations then your father. By the way you still haven't agreed to the conditions. Say yes!" Charlie snapped.

"I will only agree if Thomas promises that my father will get better accommodations and that he is provided three healthy meals a day! He is only human." I added. I looked at Thomas and he nodded. "Say it. Out loud." I said.

"If you keep your hands off my son, then I will agree to your conditions. Agreed?" Thomas asked.

"Agreed." I said.

"Fine it's done. Now you will stay here until Ian's birthday party." Thomas said.

"Fine." I said and then went back to my bed.

They left the room and I couldn't be happier. I crawled on the bed and tried to figure out what I was going to do. I knew I wouldn't tell them about my father being insane because then they will just hurt him. Even through everything that my dad has put me through I still love him and want to protect him. He's my father.

I didn't know if it was day or night and right now I had to know. Ian's birthday party was in a day and I had to prepare for it. He might change to his wolf and if he does then I need to be prepared. I must have fallen asleep because next thing I knew there were loud voices coming outside the door.

"Let us in!" It sounded like my cousins.

"Your not allowed in there!" Charlie growled.

"Says who? We didn't do anything wrong!" Destiny yelled.

"Fine go in but if you break her out we will have your heads!" Charlie said.

Then the door opened and I sat up. Ali and Destiny stood in front of me. Big smiles came over them.

"Will be fine here. Bye." Ali said and then slammed the door in Charlie's shocked face.

"Where have you been?" I asked as I ran to their open arms. I never felt so happy to see my cousins. They were the only family I had that were sane.

"Sorry, Melanie. Your in enemy territory. It was hard to come through. We had to show our birth certificates and baby pictures with you. It was pretty insane." Destiny said as she gave me an extra squeeze.

"We are here now and your safe. They won't lay a hand on you." Ali said and patted my head.

I breathed in a sigh of relief and let them go. I looked over at what they were wearing. Their usual mini jean shorts and black boots. The unusual thing was that they were wearing a bright orange shirt that read "Keep Eyes On Me".

I pointed at their T-shirts and raised an eyebrow. "What are you wearing?" I asked.

They giggled at some inside joke. "Don't worry about it. Your Ian worked it out for us to come. In order for us to be here we need to keep these T-shirts on and promise not to change into our wolf." Destiny said and shrugged like if it was nothing.

"My Ian did that? Can he be anymore perfect. I already miss him. I feel that the bond is getting stronger now. Like I have a strong pull to go see him." I told them and then started pacing at the foot of my bed.

"Maybe it's because it's Ian's birthday today." Ali said with glee.

My stomach seemed to flop and my heart started accelerating. "What?" I asked.

"It's Friday Melanie. We've come to clean you up for the ball. Now, tonight straight at 8:00pm Ian will officially be fifteen. Your going to have so much fun. I herd the connection will be even stronger." Destiny said all happily.