"Kiddie Meal" Mate Chapter 31

I fixed myself up and then walked out of the car. Ian was standing by the bumper of the car. He had his head dropped down and his hands were crossed over his arms.

"What just happened? You were completely into it and then you just stopped." I said as I came to his side.

Ian looked up and gave me a sly smile. "You teased me so I decided to tease you back. Now were even." He said as he held my right hand and lead me to the diner.

"How did I tease you?" I asked him.

He looked back at me and raised an eyebrow. "Like you don't know."

"I really don't. Just tell me." I said as we went inside the diner.

The diner had a 1950's theme and the walls were colored a light blue. I saw people on the right side of the diner were stumbling to their seats. I figured they were drunk. I wanted Ian to be faraway from them.

"Lets sit in a booth away from the drunks." Ian suggested. I nodded my head and followed after him. We sat down next to each other. Then the waitress came.

She looked about in her forties and her blond hair was put up in a messy bun. Her light blue waitress dress matched the walls and she seemed to be blending in with the walls. As I looked into her brown eyes I noticed she had on blue eyeshadow. It didn't seem right with her pale white skin. She eyed our entwined fingers and just looked down at her notepad.

"What will you like to drink?" She asked us as she handed us menus.

"I'll have a strawberry lemonade." I said and untangled my hand from Ian's.

"I'll have a Coke." Ian said as he looked through his menu.

"I'll be back with your drinks." She said as she walked off. I saw her head back to all the drunk guys.

"So what do you want to eat?" Ian asked me.

It looked like about twelve guys and one girl. They all had pushed a few tables together and they kept throwing straws at each other. I looked at the small girl they had. She looked so young and I could tell something wasn't right. Her blue eyes locked on me and her face went pale. She looked down at her untouched food.

My eyes snapped back to my menu. I let my alpha ears listen in on what the guys were saying.

"How old do you think that guy is?" A deep scratchy voice said.

"I don't know man. Maybe twelve. There is no way she is with him. They are probably cousins." Another guy said with a yawn. I could tell he was tired but he must want to stay out with the boys.

"I choose her. Did you see those long legs walk in here. I'd do her any day. Maybe today is her lucky day. Her boobs looked good also. I'd rip that shirt off and just..." I stopped listening to that jerk! He was disgusting!

"Melanie, your turning red. What's wrong?" Ian asked me. I looked up to his hazel eyes. He placed his hand on mine and gave it a squeeze. All my anger cooled down.

I shook my head and laughed like he had said the most hilarious thing. Ian raised an eyebrow at me.

"I'm fine Ian. Tonight is going to be fun." I said as I winked at him.

"Here are your drinks." The waitress said as she placed them in front of us. "Now what will you have?" She asked us.

I had forgotten to pick something. I looked down at the menu and saw the first thing was blueberry pancakes. "I'll have blueberry pancakes please." I said sweetly.

"What are you going to have sonny?" The waitress said.

Ian frowned at the sonny part. As I looked at Ian I couldn't tell how old he really looked. To me he seemed to look older but to those guys he looked twelve. No way. They were just being mean. Ian had stubble on his chin and it made him look older.