"Welcoming Wolves" Chapter 29

"I'm not so sure that's the best idea." I said as I walked out of his grip.

"I know lets ask your cousins." Ian said cheerfully as he ran out of my room.

"Wait! Come back!" I yelled as I ran after him. I saw him put on a grey T-shirt on his way down stairs.

"Good morning guys." Ian said and I could hear gasps coming from the kitchen.

I caught up to him and saw Ali sitting on Jason's lap. Destiny was feeding Henry a spoonful of eggs. They all stared up at Ian and then looked at me.

"Ian this is Ali, Jason, Destiny, and you already know Henry." I said as I grabbed Ian's left hand and pulled him toward the fridge.

"Ian is your father here? Has he come to claim me as a traitor?" Henry asked and his voice was shaky.

"I think I left right after you did. I'm not sure what he has said. He just told me you had done something wrong and that he took care of it." Ian said.

"Taken care of! He had me ordered to be beaten and then crawl my way to the pack gate." Henry said.

I turned over my right shoulder and saw him shaking. Destiny was whispering in his ear and I couldn't help but listen in.

"Henry it's all right. Your part of my pack now. Melanie wouldn't let them touch you. Your not a traitor. They beat you up. You have a right to leave." Destiny told him.

Henry stopped shivering and stood up. "I'm going to get ready." He said as he walked off. Destiny followed after him.

"Stop!" Ian said and Henry stopped. "I'm sorry about my fathers actions. You can't be mad at me. The pack that we lived in is now behind us. I just don't want there to be any bad water between us." Ian said.

"We are on the same side. There is no bad water here." Henry said and then he walked off. He didn't make it seem that way. Destiny trailed after him like a lost puppy.

"Well there is no way I can top his warm welcoming." Jason said and Ali giggled. "Everything just takes time." Jason sighed and went back to his waffles and eggs.

"Jason lets go finish our breakfast outside." Ali said as she picked up both of their plates.

"Fine. Mel,don't do anything I wouldn't do." Jason said. He patted my head as we crossed paths.

"Shut it Jason." I snapped. He just chuckled out of the room.

I wanted to beat the crap out of him but fought it. I grabbed two plates and handed one to Ian.

"So how well do you and Jason know each other?" Ian asked me.

It caught me off guard. I was piling up French toast on my plate and I just stopped. I met those hazel eyes and set to the truth.

"I've known Jason since I was little. He was the one who took care of me after my mom died and we have been very close. Well that is up until my dad commanded him to like me. That was weird." I said as I thought back to the memory of Jason kissing me. His kiss felt so wrong and it was nothing compared to Ian's kisses.

"Did he kiss you?" Ian asked me.

I started placing some French toast on his plate and then sat down at the dinning room table. Ian sat down right next to me. He was still waiting for my answer. "Yes he did but only under command. He didn't want to. We are just friends and always will be." I said and Ian started to make his hands into fists.

"How could you be friends with someone who took away your first kiss. It was mine to give." Ian snapped. He looked pissed off and jealous of Jason.