Chapter 11 "Cousins Over"

All eyes seemed to be on me. I didn't care. I must of herd Charlie wrong. Marry me?

"Did you say marry me?" I practically choked out.

Charlie nodded his head. "Why do you seem so surprised by this? It's been planned for weeks. Your dad said you approved it. He told us how your mate was killed by a rogue. I'm so sorry." Charlie said. He went and grabbed my hand.

I was about to push his hand away but Ian placed his hand on my shoulder. The sparks flew through my shoulder and my body instantly calmed down. I turned my head toward Ian and breathed in his scent.

"Sorry guys. I have to cut this shopping day early. I need to go home and talk to my father." I said as I breathed in deeply and then stood up.

"Want a ride?" Charlie asked.

I shook my head. "No thanks."

"You can't run through here. Their are a lot of rogues coming to see the tournament." Charlie said.

"We won't take no for an answer." Ian said as he grabbed my hand.

"We'll how can I say no to you. Fine lets go." I said as Ian and I walked outside.

We left Charlie with the bags and food. Usually I would ask to help but Ian was all I could think about. He lead the way back to Charlie's car and soon we were off.

I hated that Ian had to sit in the back. I missed his hand holding mine. All I could do was breath in his scent and figure out what I was going to tell my dad.

Once we arrived I saw the obstacle course being built. It looked impossible to beat. Maybe I won't end up having to marry anybody. If no one can pass through it then I should be fine. I felt relief.

"Thanks guys. Bye Ian. I'll see you at the party. " I said with a big smile. Ian smiled back at me and then they were gone. I went inside and saw Jason was pacing at the entrance.

"Jason, is my dad okay?" I asked. He only paces when something big has happened.

He looked up and worry seemed to melt from his face. "Your alive." He said as he ran over to me and hugged me.

His touch didn't feel like Ian's and I wanted him off. "Of course I am. Now please get off. Where is my dad? Do you know what the winner gets for this tournament?" I asked.

He let me go and stepped back. "They get you." He whispered. Sadness covered his eyes.

"You knew. How long did you know?" I demanded. He was suppose to be my friend. I crossed my arms over my chest. That was the only thing I could do so I wouldn't punch him.

"Since the day of the party. Your father told me. He said you had already planned it. You don't have to do this Melanie." Jason said as he brought his right hand up and started twirling a lock of my hair. I didn't like that.

"Look Jason. I never made these plans. My dad set this up. I just herd about it."

His mouth dropped and his body started shaking. "Your dad set this up. I knew you wouldn't have done this."

"Of course I wouldn't." I added to his babbling.

"I knew that if you had to choose that you would choose me." Jason said. He was no longer listening to me. His brain seemed miles away.

"Jason I wouldn't choose you. Your my best friend and that's it. We're only friends." I said.

"You can tell your dad and then we can get married. It will just be us. I'll never leave you." Jason said.

He's officially lost it. My best friend is just as crazy as my dad. This sucks! I grabbed the lock of hair he was playing with and ran to my dads office.

"Why is everybody going crazy here?!" I yelled.

I walked into my dads office and it was empty. Great.(Sarcasm.) I went to the back yard and found everybody hard at work. All the pack members were busy. I was seeing some for the first time.

I saw Susan. She knew my mother. They had been best friends since the age of five. She had long red hair, pale skin, and big chocolate brown eyes.

"Susan!" I yelled as I ran to her. A big smile spread over her thin lips.

"Melanie. You have gotten so big." She said as she hugged me.

"Thanks. Have you seen my dad?" I asked her.

"Yes he went to go pick up your cousins. They came to see who will marry you. I remember how the three of you girls used to get into so ..." Susan was saying but I spaced out.

My cousins were coming. They could help me end this tournament. I need to buy some time. Like three years.

"Sorry to interrupt but do you know when they are coming?" I asked.

"We'll your dad left an hour ago so they should be back by now." Susan said.

Then we herd horns honking and girl rock music blasting. Susan raised an eyebrow to the music and shook her head.

"We'll this should be interesting." I said to Susan.

She laughed. "We'll they can help you with the wedding plans and please fill free to ask me for help. If you need it dear. Now go help your cousins get settled in." Susan said sweetly.

I nodded and walked around to the side gate and went to meet them. It was a funny sight. My dad was carrying two big suitcases and calling for Jason to come and help.

My cousins Ali and Destiny were in mini jean shorts and black tank tops. Ali had long blond hair and Destiny had her dark brown hair in a messy bun. They were both sucking on lollipops.

I walked on over to them. They started jumping up with glee. I felt fear come up my spine. Each step I took I felt myself getting closer to a big grizzly bear.

"Alpha. Your such a liar. Melanie can dress herself. She looks adorable!" Ali said as she clapped her hands together.

"Yes she is adorable but not sexy." Destiny said. She eyed me up and down.

"We'll it's great seeing you gals. Dad we need to talk." I said.

"Fine. We will during dinner. Right now help your cousins." My dad ordered.

"It's important dad." I snapped.

"Later!" My dad growled.

I decided I would take what I could get."Don't forget dad." I added. He nodded his head and went inside.

"Let's go to my room." I told my cousins.

"There is something different about you." Ali said.

"Yeah you look happy. Have you found your mate?" Destiny said. She grabbed her lollipop and dropped it on the floor.

"Shhh! Destiny, that's impossible. Melanie's mate was killed when she was nine." Ali said as she put her finger to her lips.

My cheeks were burning up. Of course they would figure it out. All the men around here were clueless. Well it would be nice to tell someone what's been going on.

"Listen guys. Why don't we go grab something to eat. It's on me." I said.

Ali and Destiny gasped. They eyed me and I just smiled.

"I have your dads keys." Destiny said as she held up the keys.

"Even better." I smiled as I grabbed them from her.