Chapter 20 "Player Problems"

"I remember." I said and then sat down. I had to ignore the urge to look at him and kiss him. The food was served and I couldn't have been happier.

"I chose steak for you because I knew it was your favorite." Charlie said. I looked up at him and he smiled.

"Thanks." I said with sarcasm and then dug into my plate. I hadn't realized just how hungry I was. I ate everything off my plate and even the rolls that were in a basket.

"You sure can put it away." Charlie said in a surprised tone.

"We'll what do you expect when you don't feed a girl for a whole day." I said with attitude and then bite into my last roll.

He raised an eyebrow. "That's not true. We left you food but you never woke up. Food can't just be left out. My servants had to pick it up." Charlie said.

"I didn't wake up for an entire day?" I said aloud. Fear crept into my mind and I started thinking of what could have caused it. The only thing I could think of was the injection. "Did you give me another injection?" I asked with a growl.

Charlie shook his head. "No. We made a deal. Now do you want seconds?" Charlie asked me.

His eyes snapped up and looked behind me. He seemed to be focusing on someone. Then he slid his chair closer to mine and placed his right hand on my left shoulder.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Hush." Charlie said. He looked up. "Hello Susan. How are you?" Charlie asked.

I turned around and saw Susan. She seemed upset about something and she brushed back her wavy red hair. The dress she wore was a purple dress that was strapless and went to her knees. A smile came upon her thin lips. "Hi Charlie. Melanie, it's great to see you. So Charlie tells me that you guys are dating. I'm so happy for you." She said but I could see hurt in her eyes.

I shrugged off Charlie's hand and leaned away from him. "Actually were.." I started to say but Charlie interrupted me.

"..so glad to hear that." Charlie said. Then he slid his right hand to my lap.

I jumped from his touch. "Off." I said.

"I'll let you guys talk." Susan said and then walked away.

I looked at Charlie and saw him starring at Susan's butt. He licked his lips and he even grunted.

"Didn't you say that your mate died?" I asked Charlie.

He still didn't pay any attention to me. I looked up and saw Susan was across the room now and she turned to look at us. That's when Charlie snapped his head back at me.

"Did she see?" Charlie asked me. I looked back at Susan. "No don't look up now." He said as he looked down at his plate.

I looked back at him. "You're like a girl! Do you want me to check or not? Your acting like she is your mate." I said and started laughing.

Charlie looked up at me and his hair looked ruffled. His brows went to a v and he looked pissed off. "She is not my mate!"

"I know! You don't have to yell." I said annoyed with him.

I grabbed my glass of water and took a sip. It seemed that Susan bugged Charlie. I decided to have some fun with this knowledge. I don't usually do this but he injected me and made me knock out for a whole day.

I looked over at Susan and saw her ordering a drink from the bartender. "Okay don't look right now but Susan looks pretty sexy in that short purple dress of hers." I gasped at the end.