Chapter 2 "The Big Night"

I couldn't help but stare at myself in the mirror. The girl looking back at me actually looked beautiful and you wouldn't be able to tell that she felt like crying.

"Hey, hurry up in there! The guest have already begun to arrive." My dad ordered as he banged on my bedroom door.

"Coming!" I said and faked a cheery tone to it. This dress was way to revealing. My dad had sent it up after I came back from working out. It was a violet color with a deep v cut in front and it came up to my mid thigh. Even worst was my dad sent high heels! Will see if I can even make it down the stairs.

"Come on!" He yelled in his alpha tone.

I just stood up and walked out. My dad looked at me and grunted. "That's the best you could do?"

I felt anger rush through me." Yes." I said through clenched teeth.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Let's go." He lead the way down stairs and to the entrance of the house. Just as we were about to open the door he held up a small silk mask.

"What's this?" I asked, as I grabbed it and put it on.

"That's a mask." My dad said with boredom in his tone. He gave me a look of stupidity.

"I know what it is! Just why do we have it on? What's this ball all about dad?" I snapped finally. It felt great until I saw the crazed look in my fathers eyes.

"You stupid girl! I am the one who decides what goes on around here and what I tell other people." He yelled at me and pushed me to the side. I was pushed into the glass table that we have next to our front door.

I felt pain shoot through my left hip and I wanted to cuss, but I didn't. That's one thing my father hates. Cursing and especially for a young lady to do.

I tried standing up straight but the pain on my hip seemed to multiply. Jason came down the stairs at that moment and raised an eyebrow at how I was grabbing my hip.

"Is everything okay?" He asked as he fixed his black tie.

"No. Take my daughter to the backyard. She is not behaving. Get her before I regret doing something." My dad ordered.

My head snapped up and I wanted to growl at him. Jason grabbed my arm, that wasn't holding my injured hip, and lead me to the backyard. We went through the two living rooms and dining room.

"Should I even ask?" Jason said and he kept eyeing my bad hip.

"I stood up to him and he pushed me into a table. The same stuff." I sighed as the pain started to die down.

Jason's body started shaking." I can't believe him. He's going against his own law. Not to hit your children." Jason growled. Some of the servants who were setting up the tables stopped and eyed us.

"Quiet down. People are staring. There is nothing we can do until he gives up his title." I said as we approached the glass back door.

Jason opened the door and lead me outside. It looked beautiful outside. Twinkly lights filled the trees and bushes. All the tables had long white sheets on top and an oil lamp was placed on the center of each. They even put a clear cover over the pool and made it a dance floor.

"Wow. The alpha really went all out." I said surprised. I couldn't take my eyes off of all the decorations.

"We'll of course he did. It's your big day." Jason said as he helped me to the center of all the tables. It was a big rectangle that had our names on it.

"Jason. What do you mean my big day?" I asked as he pushed my chair out and I sat down.

He looked at me shocked. "You mean your dad didn't tell you that tonight he is..." A big crash sounded inside the kitchen.

"Jason!" My father yell seemed to shake the house.

He started running to the house." No, wait! " I said as I tried sitting up but the pain hit me again. I looked down at my hip and saw blood was oozing out. No wonder it still hurts. I got up again slowly and headed back inside but through the side door.

So many people were already inside and I saw their eyes just staring at me. I smiled sweetly and then they went back to their conversations. None of these people were from my pack. They all had different scents to them.

I hope my dad hasn't really lost it and invited other packs to our home. They will all know he's lost it and find it a perfect time to attack our pack.

I headed to the bathroom in the far corner that was furthest away from everyone. The lights were all turned off. I had a hard time finding the bathroom switch but I got it in the end. I cleaned the one inch cut and put a bandaid over it. Then I took a Tylenol for the pain.

I came out of the restroom and got hit with the best scent. It sent a shiver all over my body and soon all the pain I had left my body. It reminded me of a mans cologne and mint leaf. I followed the scent and it lead out to all of the guests.

I ignored all the looks as I passed through the people. Where is he? I couldn't stop myself. I followed the scent until it lead outside. He's close I can feel it. I headed past the dance floor and into the trees. Probably not the best idea because all of my enemy's were at this party but, I didn't care.

I finally tripped over these stupid heels and landed in a bush. Great! (Sarcasm) Just as I was about to get up I herd footsteps approaching. I shrunk back behind the bush and listened.

"Tonight's the night. Do you think you're up for it?" A mans voice said. They stopped right in front of my bush.

"I'm not sure if I'm ready dad. I think I'm still to young. Those other guys are going to eat me alive. Besides I hear that she walks funny." A sweet guys voice said. I could smell that he was the one. I had no idea what they were talking about. All I knew is that I had to put a face to this guys voice.

"You're not young and besides those other guys have nothing on you. Does she really walk funny? I herd she is beautiful and very sweet." The father said.

Who are they talking about and what's going on tonight.

"Dad what if I do this and win but then I find my mate. I won't do this to her. I know you want this land badly but I don't wish to do this by winning a tournament for some crazed girl." The guy said.

"I understand son. I respect your decision. Well lets eat and see who will end up trying to win this girl." The dad said with happiness. His voice sounded relaxed now. He must be happy that his son won't be risking his life.

"Lets go eat. Oh, I have to show you this cool move that this guy Jason just showed me..." His voice trailed off as they walked away.

Wait that guy just said cool. He must be only twelve at most. I got up from the bushes and tried to find them. I was to late, they were already mixed with the other guests. Half of them already looked drunk and some kept stumbling.

"Hey." A deep voice called behind me. They placed their hand on my shoulder.

Adrenaline ran through me. I grabbed his wrist and twisted it. I herd a crunching sound and the guy fell on the floor. I turned around and saw ..."

***********

I hope you guys are liking the story. Please vote and leave comments. I'll try to post again tomorrow.