Chapter 14 "Twelve Contestants"

Just wanted to say you are all amazing! Thank-you so much for voting, commenting, and favoriting. I do love feedback. Now on with the story. I'm sorry it's been hard to post everyday. I'm going through a rough patch but it will get better.
********************
"Last night when you were bathing Jason came and broke in. So I told him you were in the closet and as he turned away from me I knocked him out with one of your text books. Then I tied him up and put him in your closet." Destiny said as she sat down on my bed.

"You did that while I was in the shower." I gasped. My cousins nodded.

"Right now I'm fine with it. I'll get dressed then will let him go and I'll tell my father how he missed his run." I smiled evilly.

My cousins helped me get dressed and did my hair and makeup. I was having a blast just letting them work. It gave me time to thank about what to do. I could hear a lot of people downstairs and outside. It seemed as if everyone had come to see this big event. My stomach felt in knots.

"Everything will work out." Ali said as she painted my nails a light grey.

"Let's just stop and think. Before I lose faith in the moon goddess." I said as I took in a deep breath.

"No time. You need to have been out there about ten minutes ago." Destiny said as she put the silver heels on me.

They helped me get up from my seat. Destiny motioned with her index finger for me to twirl around. I did as She had motioned and they whistled.

"Okay now what?" I asked.

"We got it from here. Lets go." Ali said as they lead me outside. "By the way the door will be fixed by tonight and it will be extra sturdy. I'll move Jason to a special place." Ali said as she winked at me.

We made it down stairs and I saw so many people and all heads turned to look at me. I shook hands with so many that I couldn't remember any of their names. I finally made it to the backyard and saw even more people.

Everyone was dressed up to see all these guys fight. I don't even know how many were competing. Today already felt hectic.

"Quiet! My daughter has come! Please let her through." My dad yelled. People moved and I went to the center stage.

My dad had on the usual black tux and tie. He was wearing two different pairs of black shoes and I couldn't help but smile at that. He had dressed himself today.

"Now please let the twelve contestants come up and line up in front of the stage. Lets have my daughter get a good look at all of you. You have all already been briefed on the rules so no need in saying them again." My dad announced. I had a single seat on the stage next to the podium where my dad was talking.

As the line appeared I saw eight brunettes, four red heads, and two blondes. Jason and Charlie. My mouth dropped open. Charlie grinned at me and did a light wave. Jason had a black eye and bruises over his body.

"Seems like someone has caught my daughters eye." My dad said and the crowd laughed.

I looked away from Charlie and scanned the crowd for Ian. He had to be here then.

"First task pick flowers from our mountain, it is forty miles away. First ten back will proceed to tomorrow. No changing to your wolf. Go!" My dad yelled and the guys were off.

"Did you see how Charlie pushed the guy out of the way?" Destiny said as she came to stand next to me.

"Is Ian here?" I asked her.

"Let me take care of that." She walked to my dad and whispered something in his ear. He nodded.

"While we wait for them to come back lets all eat. Bring the food!" My dad ordered.

Waiters came out and brought our food. A table was set next to the stage for us. My dad grabbed my arm and pulled me to the table. "Sit down and eat." He ordered then ran off.

"No! Wait!" I yelled as he blended in with the crowd. Destiny came and sat down next to me.

"Okay, Ali is already on the mountain. Not even four will make it back." She said as she grabbed my hand.

"What are you guys going to do?" I asked.

"We will make sure that there will be only one flower on the top of the mountain. They will have to fight to get it. Ali went to get them all. She has a twenty minute head start and she took her motorcycle. Now eat and then go to your tree house. I left you a surprise in there." Destiny said as she winked at me. Then she got up.

"Wait, where are you going?" I asked.

"I need to go and set other plans in motion." She said and then left.

A fruit salad was placed in front of me and I tried my best to finish it. I just didn't have an appetite.

"Hello Melanie." I looked up to see Charlie's father smiling at me. He had the same Hazel eyes as Ian. "I haven't really introduced myself. I'm Thomas. Charlie and Ian's father." He held out his arm.

I shook it." Hello." I said. I need to make a good impression. When Ian and I finally mate he will be my father in law. No pressure though. (Sarcasm). "Your boys are such gentlemen." I added.

"I sure hope so. I do hope that my boy wins. It would be a great power couple. Having the pack that has clean water and grows the food. That's all that wolves really do need." He said with a big grin.

I sipped some of my whine. This might be the one time that I don't want to remember having to lie to Thomas but he continued to talk. "Also to finally have grandchildren." I started choking on my whine. Thomas smacked my back until I could catch my breath.

"I'm fine thanks. I had forgotten about kids." I said nervously. I wanted to add that's going to hurt. The more I thought of a little girl who looked like me and had Ian's eyes. It warmed my heart. The pain would be worth it.

"It will be all right honey." Thomas said as his hand went and squeezed my right hand. "I'm happy to finally be stepping down. I want to grow old." He said with happiness.

"My father has gone through the change and he is still the alpha." I said.

"Your dad is very brave to do that but you will soon have the title of alpha." He said proudly. I started wishing that Thomas was my father. He reminded me of my father before he went insane.

"What if Charlie finds his mate? He shouldn't be in the race. His mate is still out there." I said.

"Oh no dear. His mate is not out there. She died when Charlie was nineteen. He never told me who she was but he wouldn't talk for an entire year. Then once he herd about you having this tournament he seemed to snap out of it." Then Thomas smiled at me." Thank you so much. You have brought my son back to life." Thomas said and tears came from his hazel eyes.

I felt his pain and guilt came over me. I need to talk to Charlie and tell him how you can have another mate out there. He had to know that there was still hope.

"Thank you for telling me this. I know that I can help Charlie. Once he returns I will talk to him." I told Thomas.

"Of course you will. Being married to you will bring him complete happiness. Your all he can talk about. Ian has also been so happy to see his brother come bak to life. This old wolf owes you his life. If you ever need anything at all please come talk to me." Thomas said as he stood up and left.

I couldn't move from my seat. I have brought three people happiness. Charlie has come back to life, which made my Ian happy, and Thomas is happy because his boys are happy. If I were to be with Ian it would hurt Charlie. Would Ian be able to be happy if he knew his brother went back to being a zombie? How would Thomas act towards me after he finds out that I knew Ian was my mate but I went along with the tournament?

I had to get out of here and think. I got out of my seat and walked to my tree house.

I went inside the dark place and locked the door. My head was thinking of all the situations that I hadn't noticed the person in my tree house. He was sitting in the corner.

"Whose there?" I snapped.