Chapter 13 "Thirty Seconds"

"Melanie, were here." Ali said as she put the car in park.

I was in the back seat staring out the window. It was late. All the happiness came tumbling down from me as soon as we left the diner. I felt so out of it.

"Okay." I sighed as I unbuckled my seatbelt. "This isn't fair." I whined as I got out. The cold night hit me and I shivered. It's like the weather was showing my feelings.

"I know. You need to still try and talk to your dad." Destiny said as she stepped outside.

"By the way. You have a cute mate." Ali said as she winked at me. She was walking to the front door.

Something stirred in me and I didn't like Ali talking about him. "Don't talk about him." I snapped. "It's hard enough not seeing him." I said and followed her inside.

Ali nodded. We went inside and found that my entire pack was sleeping on the floor. All of these sleeping bags were spread out and each one had one or two pack members in it.

"A sleepover and I wasn't invited." Destiny said sarcastically.

"I'm going to talk to my dad. Go to my room." I ordered.

I walked around the sleeping wolves and found my dads office. He was inside and his desk was completely messy. All his papers were thrown around and his dinner was on the floor.

"Dad. We need to talk." I said and made sure to give him eye contact.

He didn't even bother to look up. I thought he hadn't herd me but then he answered me. " What about?" He grabbed a pen and started writing on his desk. He seemed to be forgetting his paper. I grabbed a clean sheet paper from the floor and walked over to his desk. I placed it on his desk. He snatched it and started writing on it.

I sat on the chair across from him and thought over my words carefully. "Dad , I know that this tournament is to find me someone to marry but I don't want to get married yet. Give me some time and let me choose who I want to marry." I said clearly.

My dad finally looked up from his writing and met my eyes. He started laughing. It had been so long since I've herd him laugh it seemed creepy to me. His cheeks had even turned a little red and he clutched his stomach. After he stopped laughing he just stared at me.

"Melanie, I'm your father so I choose who will marry you. You don't know what you want. Besides your mate is dead. You and I are very similar. Both our mates are dead. Your mate was killed by a rogue and mine killed herself." My dad said it so smoothly as if we were talking about complete strangers.

"Don't talk about my mate." I snapped. He didn't know that his mate or in other words my mom was the one who killed my mate. Then after my mom found out she killed my mate she just became a vegetable. No eating, no sleeping , no changing to her wolf, and no talking.

My dad just shook his head. "This is my pack and I set the rules. To be alpha you must be married." He roared as he stood up.

I stood up with him." Fine then I'll be alpha in three years. It doesn't matter to me." I stated.

"Exactly it doesn't matter to you! I need to find someone who it does matter to. That's why any wolf risking his life to be an alpha will care." My dad said. He grabbed his table lamp and raised it up.

"Dad! Of course I care about my pack. How can you say that. They are the only people that still check up on me from time to time. Since mom has died you have never even cared what's happened to me. You were never their for me. You might have ordered people to teach me things but you never did it yourself." I hadn't known that was how I felt but it was. Tears started coming down my eyes.

I saw something come over my dad as if he was his old self. He raised his other hand and brushed away one of my tears. Then he pulled his hand back. "I spoiled you to much but now that has past. It's time to move on." He said as he dropped the lamp. It shattered all the light escaped the room.

"Spoiled me?" I choked out. "Yeah right!" I snapped.

I herd him move to his office door. "That's enough." He whispered. Then his alpha voice came to him. "Get down on the ground and don't speak or move. Count to thirty then go up to your room, bathe, get ready for bed, and go to bed. Now!" He barked the last one.

My body took over me. I sat down on some paper and crossed my arms over my chest. He left the room and slammed the door.

"1...2...3...4..." I started counting in my head.

"Get up you lazy maggots! We are going for a five mile run. Now!" My dad yelled. Hundreds of footsteps started running out the door.

"12...13...14..." Then the front door was slammed and it was quiet. I tried moving my body but it was frozen. Then my dads office door swung open and a figure came in and closed the door. No! How can I protect myself? "15...16...17..." My heart felt like it was going to explode.

The figure spoke. "Hey, Melanie. It's me Jason." I let out a breath of relief.

I stayed quiet because my dad said I couldn't move or speak until thirty seconds. I herd him walk over to me and sit down. "I know how we can be together. I just have to mark you as mine it will be permanent and forever." He leaned into my neck and I could feel his breath on me.

I wanted to scream no!!! "20...21...22.."

His cold lips were at my neck already and I let the tears roll down. This is not his right. It's Ian's right. I want Ian to mark me.

"This is where the mark will be." He whispered on my neck. Then he kissed my skin but he didn't put his teeth to my skin. "Your skin is so soft."
"25...26..." I just need to buy a few more seconds.

He place his right hand on my left shoulder and his left hand on my left shoulder. Where he touched me I wanted my skin to crawl off. Where as Ian gave me hot tingles. Jason gave me cold hands and made my skin crawl.

"This will only hurt for a little while." He said as he got up on his knees.

"31! This will only hurt a lot!" I yelled as I punched him in his private parts. He clutched his junk and rolled over.

"Melanie! No!" Jason whined in pain.

"Don't you ever touch me! My dad had me under command not to move for thirty seconds. I'll let him know that you missed out on the run." I said as I stormed out of the office. I ran up to my room and slammed the door. It's time to bathe.

Ali and Destiny were on my bed giggling about some blond hottie. I just rolled my eyes.

They looked up and grinned at me.
"How did it go?" Destiny asked.

I grabbed a towel and set out my pjs. I responded. "He said he will make my choices and then commanded me to sit down, not to speak, and not move. Then Jason came in and tried to mark me. Now I have to bathe, put my pjs on, and go to sleep. Oh and lock the door. Jason might come up. I punched him in the privates." I said using the same tone my dad did when talking about the death of our mates.

"I got the door." Destiny said as she ran to it and locked it. "Just bathe. We got it from here. You should have done more then that." Destiny said.
I shrugged and went to the bathroom. I showered and brushed my teeth. Then I towel dried my hair and went to my bedroom.

I saw Ali was pacing in my room she stopped as she saw me approach. My bedroom door had been cut in half and someone had moved it to the corner of my room. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"No worries we put a blanket where your door was at. Will have it fixed tomorrow." Ali said with a fake smile. Something was up.

I wanted to ask but I had to follow orders. "Please, sleep in my bed with me. I'm afraid something will happen again." I pleaded.

She nodded her head. We both got dressed in cotton sweat pants and long sleeve shirts. We both went to bed and once my head hit the pillow I fell asleep.

"She needs to wake up. It's about to start." I herd someone say.

"Shh. She needs her rest. She has been out all day. Her mind needs rest. This is all so crazy." Another one said.

I knew they were my cousins but I couldn't pin point which voice belonged to who. I giggled at them. "Guys. Your babbling woke me up." I said as I opened my eyes. They were already dressed but not in their usual way. "Nice outfits. Are you guys trying out for the tournament also?"

They had on skinny jeans and black combat boots. They had on grey tank tops and their hair was in a high ponytail.

"You wish you could marry us." Destiny said as she struck a pose.

"Keep it in the family." Ali joined inn.

"We'll you guys look comfortable." I said as I got out of bed and went to my closet door. Ali jumped in front of the closet door before I could open it.

"Your dad said to dress sexy. So we have come to help you." Ali said.

"So can I get into my closet?" I asked.

"Actually we have someone tied up in there. Besides we have your clothes ready right here." Destiny said.

I turned my head and saw destiny holding my clothes up. A one shoulder violet dress that looked skin tight and short.

"Whose tied up?" I asked.
**********************
Comment and vote. Sorry it's not longer.