36 : Follow

When Selene woke up, she was in a paralyzed state. She glared at Hades who are trying to feed her.

"Don't be so angry. It's because I knew you will leave right after we talk about Asteri."

"You see, Asteri has been my captive for twenty years. She's the only one who has been on my side after living for six hundred years."

"Did you know, Seraph has five hundred years of life but my life span is a thousand of years?"

"This port is part of my kingdom, Seraphs have been instinct. I am the last one of my kind. I have been ruling a kingdom name under Seraph. But creatures residing in here is no Seraph."

"I've been lonely so I took your mother. But she was bored to be played with. I think I will enjoy you more." King Hades continues to blabber and blabber about his life. Selene has extinguished her negative impression of him after telling her his life story.

The paralyzation gradually dissipates to Selene's body. But she remained in the room hearing King Hades ranting about this and about that.

Somehow, Selene resonates with him. He is the last one of his kind while she is the first one on hers. Although, she never thought of it before. Being the only one of her kind is quite lonesome.

After hearing the situation on Skotadi. That her real mother has already flown to the Skotadi to stop the war. Selene chooses to stay just for a week. And King Hades promised her to send her off after that.

Both of them talk, talk, and talk. It's interesting how they shared story even their life has a huge difference. Selene told him about the earth, similar to Cronus— he listens intently, but different that he is immersed with her story more to she-herself.

What she means is, Cronus listens to her because she is his alpha. While Hades listens just because he enjoys it. If she labels him to her life. It is like he has become her conversational partner.

Other than their deep talks, Hades took her to travel around the port. Made her experience Fos things in the north. Even sail on the sea for two days. Flying to the sky and had adventures within the kingdom. They are like kids having fun, without restraints.

A week later, the day before Selene's departure. Hades is sulking watching her ready things which she calls pasalubong.

"Do you have to leave? Did you not enjoy being here with me?" Hades rolled on the sheets of his white dazzling soft bed.

Selene looked at the six hundred years old man having tantrums which were worst than Ares' episodes.

His long white hair is scattered all over the bed and his blue clear eyes are misty, close to crying. Hugging a huge fluffy pillow he looked at her begging.

She suddenly remembers her three years old cousin who was deeply attached to her. And every time they had to depart back to manila, that kid will have a huge tantrum, crying, shouting, and begging her not to leave.

"Skotadi is a dark place. It's always nighttime! Here it's always daylight. We can travel, have fun. Do adventures as you wanted. Just don't leave me." He continues to plead and crawled from the bed to her location.

"Hades, stop acting like a baby. A promise is a promise. Though I'm going to miss you, my home is on Skotadi." Selene explained brushing his baffled beautiful long white hair.

"You can visit Skotadi anytime you want..." He tried again persuading her but she shook her head.

"No, you visit me."

"But I have a kingdom to rule." He pouted and held her hand. "You can be my queen."

"Na-uh. I have been offered to become a queen of vampires and lycans. Not Seraph too."