04 : Wimif

Creatures of different species spanning from around fifty to two hundred years of age have gathered in the Lactea Academy. The entire institution was an ancient historic remain from hundreds of centuries ago, founded by the sole rulers ever since the first war. Although the academy has been a symbol of peace, creatures of this world never did consider each other as their equals.

On the contrary, the Union had made sure that this would not ignite another war. They were the ones who value the peace their ancestors had created for them, thus developed the said organization to maintain it.

There were appointed officers for each sector in the academy to directly help the students get along well with one another, as well as fifty dormitories provided for the students.

Two of the most prominent life forms are vampires and lycans. In this world, they were entirely different from what the mundane world where Selene came from has pictured them to be. Though she couldn't even give a damn about it.

Wrapped around with a warm and thick quilt, she was hiding at the corner of Ares's dormitory room.

It had been six days since she fell on that dark hole and up until now, she was still dreaming. She would not wake up. Whenever she went to sleep, she would always wish she could at least visit her real world, even if it was not her reality anymore. But she would always turn out disappointed every time she wakes up.

She went back to that same dead tree, dragging Ares along, whenever she had the chance. She even tried sleeping inside that dark hole for a whole day! Even so, she had accomplished nothing.

Till now, Selene couldn't accept the fact that the world she once thought was just a dream suddenly became her reality.

'How could this world even exist anyway? It was purely just an imagination-a work of fiction! Magic doesn't even exist because science couldn't prove it!'

How could there be a world too impossible and different from her real world?

"I brought you the felpor and some clothes." Ares entered the room with a plate of the floor in his hands. The twins then followed inside, holding a bag of clothes they had bought from the Central.

Selene glanced at them emotionlessly, thus making the twins more worried than they were.

Phobos cried.

"Selene..."

Ares sighed deeply, he sat next to Selene and offered her a piece of juicy felpor leg. Although it was her favorite food, she had no appetite to eat at all.

"It's been a week, Selene. Are you still going to be like this?" He said with a concerned look on his face. He then recalled how he felt her usual faint presence became stronger when she was dragged inside that tree.

The graveyard where their ancestors' rest was located just behind the academy, and everyone believed that it was being protected by their souls. Whereas the huge dead tree was known as the gate of the dead from the other side.

The academy strictly prohibits the students from entering its premises but for some reason, Ares had managed to enter the forbidden graveyard without difficulty.

Two years ago, he was running away from Phobos and Deimos for always hindering him from doing the things he wants. Until his feet brought him to a secret tunnel leading directly to the graveyard. Out of curiosity, Ares wandered the place and he felt something was calling him.

He looked around to see a huge dead cursed-looking tree. He walked towards it and saw inside its hole what he first thought was a spirit but was a girl wearing odd clothing, softly crying.