24 : Cries

Selene opened her eyes and stood up brusque. Cronus who was watching her, raise his eyebrow at her sudden movement.

"I'm late! Cronus lend me your back! Hurry!" She runs to her satchel that contains some of her things. Took the cloak that was hanged on the wall and wear it, in a hurry.

"Where are we going?" He asked while kneeling on the ground, offering his back on her. She leaned down and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I was invited by the member of the research club to watch an awakening." She replied abruptly and tap his back.

"Let's go! Let's go! To the Lab!" She exclaimed excitedly and Cronus stood up. Using his ability, he dashed from the library to the twenty miles away from the building of the laboratory.

It took her five minutes to reach the laboratory. A student, one of Zeus's pack member Europa waved to her.

"You came on time, I thought you will be late." He greeted her with enthusiasm. Then, divert his attention to Cronus, as per conduct, he bowed his head for a greeting to an alpha of a different pack.

"He invited you?" Cronus creased his brow looking at Selene about Europa.

"Yes."

"Did you deliberately not told me his name?" He asked again, irritated.

"I did." Selene nod and smiled at him. "If I told you that it was Zeus's pack member, you will still send me here but I will be late, ah!" Selene exclaimed as Cronus pinched her cheeks.

"You know me too well, huh?" Cronus pinched her another cheek and muffled both. Selene tried to get it off but couldn't par with his strength.

It's so painful that her eyes started to water. "H-hurt, Cronus! It hurts!" She protested. Cronus stopped pinching her but cupped her face.

Staring at her, almost glaring, "Do this again and I will bite your face. Do you understand?" He threatened her with a dark face.

"Yesh." Selene pouted as she tried to touch her burning cheeks but was repelled by Cronus.

"Tsk! Don't touch it." She immediately stops moving and lets him get angry. She was prepared anyway.

She closed her eyes to wait for her another punishment. Cronus stared at her expression who seemed ready to be in pain. What is she? A masochist? If she commanded him to stop, he will. He will always complied, no matter what her wish is.

He sighed deeply and looked at her flushing face by his pinching. He might have pressed it a little too hard, why is it so red?

Selene felt his warm hands massaging her injured cheeks instead of punishing her further. When she opened her eyes, his dark aura faded and was more gentle.

"Say sorry." He told her with a firm tone.

"Sorry." She replied in instant. He sighed again. Letting her go from his grip, Europa silently shot him a death glare.

Despite that, he is his master's brother. Europa is part of Zeus' faction. His support is on Zeus and Selene's marriage. Touching Selene, who is a maiden so carelessly might spark misunderstanding.

"I will wait here for you, come outside right after you're done." Cronus reminds her before Europa could take her away.

"Alright! Alright!" Selene puts out her tongue to make face on Cronus then turns around.

Europa followed her from behind. Selene immediately noticed their gap and look at him in confusion.

"Why are you so far?" She asked.