12 : Seldom

Going on the journey to Fos might take some years. Especially they are looking for a tiny tribe that they didn't know was still alive. However, the three started to venture. 

Both of the young men have an incredibly high status in the academy. Requesting a break off would cause stalling of their time. So, the two decided to ran away from their auxiliaries and leave the academy without notice of where would they go. 

Selene who was looking forward to this quest has no idea what did the two princes just did to be able to come with her. 

Their first stop was on the valley of witches. Despite becoming a well-known con artist in this world. Witches have invented most of the things that were considered innovations on the earth. Witches and wizards were more like scientists. 

Cronus carrying Selene to his back as they go to the destination. Unlike, the two who can run fast like a sports car, Selene even if she ran faster, with her humanistic ability, will not be able to par with them.

The two men have agreed that they would exchange the chore of carrying Selene up to the witch valley.

They need to travel for a total of twenty days if they keep their running pace and rest whenever Selene has to sleep and eat to take a rest. As they approach the valley, they took a stop at an inn near the mountains.

Ares who was carrying their baggage paid for their stay for the night. One room, as they also act as her bodyguards, as protectors. Being used to one another's presence, they had dinner. 

After that, Selene got on to the bed while the two as usual was guarding the room. Sometimes they would exchange mockery and in rare moments, they will have tranquility and talk without malice. 

Today might be one of those rare days. 

"I slept last night. I have full energy right now." Cronus said staring in Selene's direction who is in deep sleep. 

"Me too." Out of boredom, Ares talked back.

Cronus looked at him, "Hey." 

"Yeah?"

"You know her for more than two years, right?" He asked the lingering question that always popped out of his mind whenever he sees Selene and Ares are interacting. 

They had a bond that he could be in. They are close enough to shout at each other. Comfortable enough to had no secrets. Knew one another for some time to reminiscence about the past. 

"I do." He nods lazily. Cronus stared at him for some time. Ares felt his gaze, don't care what's going on in his head.

"Was she always like this?" 

"Like what?" 

"Careless, spirited, reckless, and free." Listening to this description Ares smiled. 

"She is."

"How did you met her?" 

"I found her on the cursed tree."

"Then, you saw her drop out of your sight every time after that?" 

"Yes." 

"It must be frustrating." Frustrating? How would he know? Ares could only meet her when the moon shines in the sky.

Once it goes down, he has to wait for another moon to arrive. It's always like that, sometimes she will not show after all the time he had waited for her. Excusing that she had to put all-nighter for her examination.

Thinking about this, he was supposed to be thankful that human sleeps every night. Because he could only meet once she fell asleep.

Now, he wonders, where is her dream right now?