03 : Real

Selene jumped out of bed, drops of cold sweat rolling down to her neck. She breathed so heavily she thought she'd run out of air. She recalled everything that had happened.

Ares got mad at her and left her all alone. She then decided to visit the Central where she bought her favorite food, saw an odd pack of werewolves which appeared to have no Alpha. And before she knew it, some strange Alpha-looking food thief was cornering her.

'I'm his Alpha?'

She snorted.

"Who was he kidding?"

Selene wiped her own sweat with the shirt she was wearing. She was afraid her dreams were getting a bit more realistic in the sense yet harder to believe.

She looked at her wristwatch and it was passed two o'clock in the morning. She had been sleeping for two hours ever since they got home. As soon as she calmed down, she started unpacking her suitcase. She took out some clothes and went for the bathroom.

She decided she won't be sleeping for the rest of the night.

Naked, Selene stood under the shower and was immersed in the feeling of the lukewarm water running down her body. She closed her eyes and recalled a pair of deep grey orbs staring back at her. It was like a beautiful full moon in a starless sky-so tantalizing yet lonely. She immediately opened her eyes and used both of her hands to fiercely scrub her face.

Was she lacking romance?

She realized she had been dreaming with regards to that matter a lot lately. How could she fantasize a person whom she never even met before?

"Look at your eyes! Didn't you sleep, Manang?" Her little cousin Mary asked, pointing at her dark eye bags. She just smiled and shook her head as a response.

"You should gather up your brother and your cousins now. We will be leaving soon after breakfast." Her mother said while preparing the table, which reminds her they have plans for the beach today.

The sun was still sleeping when she heard the elders preparing for a picnic at the beach. They were cooking food and preparing their necessities.

It seemed like her two months in the province would be jampacked of activities again and by activities, she meant fun. This year she did not wish for a grand celebration for her 18th birthday, but instead she wished for a year full of adventures.

"Ma," she called while supporting her head with her hand. "My head's been aching since this morning."

"It's because you lack sleep," her mother remarked on her complaint without glancing at her as she was busy packing the food. It will be a two-hour drive to the beach. Afraid to have another episode of her motion sickness, she was forced to take a nap.

Oddly, she dreamt nothing. She woke up and realized that the van was already empty, and the beach is just outside the window. Her forehead creased as the pain in her head worsened. The noise was so loud she couldn't hear a thing.

Selene screamed trying to hear her own voice and it was driving her crazy! She hurriedly left the van and began walking to wherever her feet lead her to, until she had found herself all alone inside a dense forest.

All of a sudden, she could hear almost nothing she thought she had broken her ears. She tried screaming louder and louder, still she didn't hear a sound. Her tears started to well up when she recognized a small whimpering noise. She looked around and saw a white puppy—a wolf-like puppy—sitting on the ground.

She was drowning in confusion, repeatedly asking herself whether she was in a dream or in her reality. Moreover, her head was still throbbing as hell, but she couldn't handle seeing the pup cry out of pain as her. She went towards the pup.